What's new

Transformers 3 July 1, 2012 (1 Viewer)

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
I like the first film, didn't enjoy the second one. But the second's trailer was great. This trailer is meh, but seems to be more of a teaser anyway.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
As someone who really likes the first two I'll be seeing this opening day.

I've seen ROTF a few times now and there's nothing wrong with it as a story, it's actually quite coherent if people would give it half a chance and pay attention.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
ROTF's story may be coherent, but it still sucks. :) Thank god for the forest fight and the Egypt battle!

Here's a long and nicely detailed interview with Michael Bay about #3:

http://www.collider.com/2010/12/08/michael-bay-interview-transformers-dark-moon-edit-bay-visit/

“We tried to learn from the second movie. On the second movie we got burned. We had a writers strike, we had to agree on a story in three weeks, and then we knew they were going on strike. It was a fucked scenario all the way around, it wasn’t fair to the writer, it wasn’t fair to me, it wasn’t fair to anybody. It was still an entertaining movie, but I think we failed on certain aspects. What we did with this movie is I think we have a much better script, and we got back to basics. I think there’s some really cool action on this movie, there’s some very cool conspiracy, there’s great robot stuff in this that people were missing in the second one, you’ve got great robot conflict. So I’m excited about this movie. It’s more serious. I got rid of the dorky comedy, I mean we’ve got two little characters, that’s it, but the dorkiness is not there. Dork-free Transformers. It’s much more serious. It’s still entertaining, it’s big looking.”

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
See I don't even think it sucks that badly, it's pretty consistent with the plot of the cartoon series which is all these films purport to be, the Decepticon's form a dastardly plan to snuff Earth's sun and it's up to Optimus Prime and the Autobot's to use the Matrix of Leadership to stop them.

About the biggest thing I had a problem with is why Bumblebee suddenly lost the ability to speak again, I even liked the Twins, I didn't see them as racial stereotypes (people need to seriously lighten up) like most did, to me they simply acted like two goofy teenagers.

EricW

Senior HTF Member
the Transformers franchise' stories suck pretty badly, but that's not what i watch them for. just like i don't play video games for their story. it's all about the action.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
I just hope Bay cuts the run time to under 2 hours. More then that and his movies are a borefest.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
The basic storyline wasn't the problem in Transformers 2; it was the interminable pointless dialogue and dumb jokes that made us wait and wait and wait

and wait

for the awesome fighting sequences.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Another thing I hated about the second one, and they broke a Transformer rule with this one, was the Decepticon who could look exactly like a human being, that's opening a can of worms they shouldn't have and a no no in the TF universe.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
That was close to the top of the suck list for several reasons, not the least of which being that it was really the only thing aside from a few naughty words (and a couple of Sam's mom's bad jokes) that was inappropriate for kids. Let's face it, there's basically no blood in these movies (unless you look really closely), and after all, the original target audience was boys aged 4-12.

My son can handle a little swearing in a movie because he understands that it's inappropriate and he doesn't go around copying it, but that succubus Decepticon would freak him out.

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
I like how Bay said they removed the dorky comedy, thank goodness because it makes me cringe.

I liked the teaser.

Jose Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jose Martinez
I'm actually looking forward to watching the third installment

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2011/01/14/michael-bay-ready-to-make-you-forget-transformers-2-it-was-kind-of-a-mess/

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks