What's new

TRANSFORMERS 2 Rumblings/Filming! (1 Viewer)

Shad R

Supporting Actor
This movie comes out in June now? When did this happen, I thought it was the big July 4th movie. Did it move because of Ice Age?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I doubt they're worried about Ice Age or Public Enemies (eventhough I imagine those movies will probably make money) but there was no 'blockbuster' coming out on June 26. By moving Transformers up to that slot, it's now the only game in town that weekend and means that they'll make a few million more dollars.

Tarkin The Ewok

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brandon
The new trailer convinced me that Bay has not decided to change any of the more annoying tendencies of the first movie. Therefore, no matter how visually appealing it is, I am choosing to skip it. Only strong word of mouth from trusted sources might change my mind.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
The new trailer(which looked awesome on the big screen before Wolverine today) convinced me that this flick will be even more kick-ass than I originally thought it would be.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
Even with Bay's tendencies of bad scripts, I do like that line from Optimus at the end of the trailer.

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor

Really, your not going to see it? I call your bluff.

The new trailer looks great and if you are a fan of Robots tearing stuff up I just don't know how you can miss it. I hope that they flesh out the characters a little more but I will settle for Optimus kicking butt.

***I brought this up on the last page or two about Bumble Bee having a voice this go around. Someone said they his voice was fixed at the end of the last movie yet this trailer makes him look like he can not talk again.

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
I'll have to pull the BD out but, I thought his voice was fixed as well. I swear he said something at the end of the first movie. So, that part of the trailer confused me a little. IDK, maybe I'm remembering wrong but, I wish they would fix his voice because I think the radio gimmick is lame.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
The bit of dialogue at the end of the first film went as follows...

Bumblebee,
"Permission to speak, sir?"

Prime,
"Permission granted, old friend."

Bumblebee,
"I wish to stay with the boy."

Maybe Bumblebee is an Autobot of few words lol. Just because we never hear him speak in the trailers doesn't mean much.

Pete-D

Screenwriter
I never really understood why they thought (or seemingly continue to think) that not having Bumblebee speak is some how good for the character or the plot. I understand why it works for maybe the first half of the first movie but after that it was unnecessary.

The whole "boy and his robot" thing doesn't work if they're gong to duct tape the robot's mouth shut. I realize character relationships aren't much of a priority, but it wouldn't hurt to make somewhat of an effort.

DavidPla

Senior HTF Member

Actually, it DOES work. E.T. and Elliot. Gizmo and Billy. here's been a long history of a "boy and his ..." where that "friend" can't speak his language. Hell, I think it all started with Lassie.

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor

Your correct it does work but I wish Bee and Sam could have a relationship where Bee was always trying to convince Sam to do the right thing by talking to him. Sam could protest and Bee could still have his back when push came to shove. Bee is a super advanced robot from another world but has to speak through a cruch field radio and sony speakers. I just don't like it.

I hope as pointed out by Hammer he is just a bot of few words. I really would like to hear him talking a little smack during this movie especially if he has another road race scene with Barricade.

Edit** Wikipedia says that he did get his voice back at the end of the movie. I am lost.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
Bee talks at the end of the first movie. I"m sure he talks in the 2nd, I think he just was using music as "comedy" in the trailer.

Pete-D

Screenwriter

Difference is that dynamic works in E.T. and Gremlins. E.T. and Gizmo still "speak" even if it isn't English per se.

What they could have done is had Bumblebee try to communicate via electronic jibberish and they could've developed a similar dynamic.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

But why would Bumblebee do that when he has his radio at his disposal to communicate?

Personally I loved the scene where he tries to help Sam out with Makaela by providing the perfect song lol.

I also liked that Ratchet said he couldn't speak because his vocal processor was damaged in battle, it created great visuals in my head of what could have happened and it also provided an explanation for why he couldn't talk.

I don't hold the fact that he couldn't talk against the film at all, I still think, and feel, that Sam and Bumblebee formed a trusting bond.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks