What's new

TRANSFORMERS 2 Rumblings/Filming! (1 Viewer)

Diallo B

Screenwriter

as we all know lucas is a perfectionist with a case of ocd. this is evidenced by his constant and consistant updates to his cash cow franchise.

anyone with a personality like that when looking at what can be done with technology today will take the opportunity to ONCE AGAIN render a cleaner cut of their films. he has already done it at least twice. whats to keep him from doing it again.

when the matrix came out it was considered state of the art. so much so, i can say without hyperbole, that it was the most copied form of action in modern movie making. (notwithstanding that the style was really taken from anime, but that is not the point) i often watch the matrix as it is one of my favorite movies. i like all three but the first two acts of the first one always hold my attention. however, the cgi and the action seem like i am watching a really old movie. it is only 10 years old.

i feel much the same way about star wars. they look dated compared to what is coming out currently. and if i think they look dated then lucas definitely feels the same way.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
You're comparing apples and candy bars. Obviously the Transformers cg work is going to look superior as it's being done NOW. Anything done with current technology will look better than something that was done 25-30 years ago.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Great trailer indeed....wasn't much talking which made it great. :D Bay has a little trouble with talking pictures.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
They showed this trailer before Friday the 13th and if you guys think it's awesome on a computer screen...

:eek: :cool:

It looks like a darker film than the first, both in appearance and tone.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
The first prequel came out 10 years ago and the last one came out 4 years ago so Transformers 2 is going to look better. I really doubt George Lucas is going to be kept up at night worrying about the comparisons between Star Wars and Transformers.

Like Brent said, there's no comparison between the two.

LynxFX

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ole Oleson
New clip (kinda cheesy until Megan Fox takes off her pants
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
) followed by an incredible montage of new footage.

This is a password protected video on Vimeo

Edit: they just password protected the clip. :frowning:

Edit 2: Someone posted it on youtube.

Pete-D

Screenwriter

Cameron can blow stuff up ... anyone can, that doesn't take any special talent.

Cameron actually focuses on story, not just random things blowing up.

Action just for the sake of action IMO is tiresome anyway. If the audience doesn't have any personal stake in what's going on ... then who cares. Transformers gets away by having the novelty of robots instead of say dinosaurs or something which the audience has seen before, not because the action even is all that amazing.

I honestly couldn't even tell what the hell was going on in most of the action scenes in Transformers ... but it's two giant robots, and that's supposed to be cool I guess.

Pete-D

Screenwriter

I'd also add to that that James Cameron more than likely could take a property like Transformers (toy franchise or not) and make a better film out of it than what Michael Bay did.

He's just a better director and a far better story teller.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

But is he the right guy for the job? I would say no.

This story needs to be fairly light and fun rather than dark, serious and brooding like Cameron would surely depict it. That sort of vision isn't what Transformers was and is supposed to be.

I would argue that anyone who couldn't tell which robot was which during a fight sequence wasn't paying very close attention, I had no trouble whatsoever.

Jose Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jose Martinez
Does anyone know if the new movie will be another GM lovefest or will there actually be a diverse "race" of vehicles.

Pete-D

Screenwriter

Since when is Cameron a brooding or dark filmmaker? The first bit of Transformers is a very poor man's version of Terminator, the second half stops the story altogether for an action sequence.

Cameron is very good at taking these "silly" summer movies and actually giving them a sound grounding in terms of story, plotting, and character (along with the big spectacle).

Brian Borst

Screenwriter
Well, I read Cameron's script for Spider-Man, so I'm not sure if he's the right guy to direct something that is already established
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
That's not to say he wouldn't make a better film out of Transformers, though. I do hold Cameron in much higher regard than Bay.

Shad R

Supporting Actor
While I didn't like the first one, for some reason I'm kind of looking forward to seeing this. It will be silly, and cheesy, and probably dumb, but it looks SO COOL! I just bought the first on blu-ray just for the picture/sound demo material. This one will take that and amp it up a notch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks