What's new

Transfering old records to cd's... (1 Viewer)

Luis S

Supporting Actor
Anybody know how to do it? Do I need a particular soundcard? Program? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Im actually trying to do this for my father. He's got some oldies he wants to transfer and clean up on cd. I have no idea where to start. Anyway thanks in advance!

Luis S

Luis S

Supporting Actor
Thanks guys, didnt realize its been discussed around here before.:b Ill do a little reading and check back with some questions...

Thanks again,

Luis S

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
Cool, use the old threads for questions just to keep them all together. Once you read though, you shouldn't have a problem.

Seth--L

Screenwriter
Here's another option, if you have $1,000 to spend:

Buy a DAT recorder (used) and Pro Tools with a MBox. Run turntable's line out into the DAT recorder's line in. Record the music to DAT. Then capture the DAT, cleanup the sound in Pro Tools, bounce to disk, burn to CD.

Luis S

Supporting Actor
Ok guys,

I printed out all the info provided. Going to go the with the info from the link Ted posted (Thanks for the link!) Im going play around with it myself and hopefully have it figured out in time to hook my dad up for Christmas. Thanks for all your help everybody,its very appreciated.This project had me kinda stumped. I will of course post if I run into problems. :b

Thanks Again,

Luis S

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks