What's new

Transfer problems with Bergman Boxset causes MGM to delay Release! (1 Viewer)

FredCampbell

Agent
I was encouraged buy Deepak's recent news, but I have yet to receive a letter like that from MGM. I'm trying to relax and hope for the best, but I, too, feel screwed for buying the Bergman set right away.

ShaunS

Stunt Coordinator
Has anyone received the "fixed" version from amazon.ca as of yet? It was released on April 20th but has yet to ship for me. They have 2 listings for it, one says ships 2-5 days, the other (the one I'm waiting on) says 2-5 weeks.

I'd cancel and order elsewhere if it were not for the fact that they're only charging me $98 CDN tax/shipping included. Perhaps that's why they're not shipping it to me. :angry:

Shaun

P.S. Still waiting to see hard evidence of what was fixed...

ShaunS

Stunt Coordinator
Well, Amazon.ca finally got the Bergman box to me. Won't be able to watch it till I get back to where my dvd players is, but it seems to be the "fixed" version (based on the info below). Still waiting on some definitive comparison, though (Greg?)

From an earlier post:

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
I'm bumping in case someone's in a position to answer my question in the last post. Is there a physical difference between the old and new boxes?

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
:b Thanks Randy. Just checked the box I bought on eBay and it appears to be the updated one. Phew. [wipes sweat from brow]

Brent Hutto

Supporting Actor
OK, so I just ordered the Persona DVD (not the box set) from Amazon. It's not clear to me whether it will be in the original theatrical format or not. According to Amazon its aspect ratio will be 1.33 but I see in this thread that 1.37 is the original aspect ratio. Trivial difference in any case.

I just want to make sure it isn't cropped to 1.66 or something like that. If so, I'll probably cancel it from the order before it ships.

Brent Hutto

Supporting Actor
Thanks Marc. I've been waiting a long time to see that movie and then somehow the release of the DVD snuck by me this spring. We watched Robert Altman's movie Images earlier this week and that reminded me to go online and look for the Persona DVD. Voila, there it was.

Chris Cheese

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone know if it is still possible to exchange these discs? I have had this set on my shelf forever, and just went to rewatch some of the films and realized that I have the incorrectly-framed discs (I did not have an HDTV when I bought it so I didn't notice anything wrong).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks