What's new

Transducers (1 Viewer)

If you installed a transducer - Buttkicker or another type -
on a set of tiered risers built into a room, do you think that the vibration or the resonance caused by the low frequency would cause the structure to weaken over time?

Darren Mortensen

Stunt Coordinator
Jason

I have also wondered the same since I have my Aura Pro Bass Shakers attached to the frames of each seat. As for the riser, if you have built it well using screws instead of nails, I doubt you have much problem. But let's hear from the others on this one!

Dave Milne

Supporting Actor
Jason,
As long as the risers are reasonably sturdy: well braced with glue/screw joints there shouldn't be a problem. I suppose if you had a nasty high-Q resonance in the low bass region, there could be an issue... but that would require huge, massive, floppy unbraced panels. This is not likely in any reasonable box construction - panel resonances are typically above 500hz.

Note that there are lots of high-powered subwoofers on the market that have internal cabinet stresses far beyond what most bass shakers can produce. You don't see them collapsing over time :D. I believe your design and construction should be more driven by the weight of the furniture/viewers than sonic fatigue.

My riser (click this link and select "DIY speakers") has a built-in 18" JBL pro subwoofer tuned to 22Hz and driven by 600watts. I haven't noticed any degradation in a year-and-a-half.

:emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks