Trailer: WHITE CHICKS

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Brian Thibodeau, Mar 30, 2004.

1. Brian Thibodeau

Brian Thibodeau Supporting Actor

2. Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    I saw the trailer in the theater. I have to say that the prosthetic masks creep me out to the point that even though it's a comedy I can't suspend disbelief enough to think everyone doesn't notice how freakish they look. I doubt I would even give the movie a second look even with different make up.

3. Ricardo C

Ricardo C Producer

I'm busy with another download right now, so this trailer will have to wait a bit, but looking at the cast... Please, someone tell me this isn't a movie with the Wayans bros. made up to look like white women? [​IMG]

4. Richard Kim

Richard Kim Producer

Unfortunately, yes.

5. Pete-D

Pete-D Screenwriter

That looks like the scariest movie of the year.

Those masks... yikes.

6. Robert Anthony

Robert Anthony Producer

yeah, my big problem with this movie isn't the premise, or the tired jokes and stereotypes, but the suspension of disbelief--if you're going to do a movie where people have to believe you're someone in disguise--the disguise has to actually look believable. Mrs. Doubtfire, Tootsie, Big Momma's House, even Nutty Professor remake--the makeup work made the MOVIES work, more or less.

The Wayans brothers look like albino ogres leftovers from the LOTR set, not spoiled rich white girls. And that kills the movies chances right there.

7. Ricardo C

Ricardo C Producer

Walking in on my parents having sex would have scarred me less than that trailer.

But once I get over the hideousness of the makeup... I think might actually rent this [​IMG]

8. Brian Thibodeau

Brian Thibodeau Supporting Actor

They tried this with black British comedian Lenny Henry in the moderately amusing 1991 comedy TRUE IDENTITY. The makeup they used to make him in to a white man was fare more successful than one might've expected, but then again they were only making one man into "another" man, so the odds of him looking like a walking freakshow a la the Wayans brothers were unlikely.

9. LaMarcus

LaMarcus Screenwriter

Those faces are really scary. If they didn't make them so pale maybe it wouldn't have looked so bad. They look like vampires or somethin.