What's new

Trailer: Taxi (1 Viewer)

Brian Thibodeau

Supporting Actor
Just wonder what people's thoughts are on this one. It's a remake of a French film that itself spawned two sequels. I have all three on DVD and am not really incensed about the thought of a remake in any way (even with the inclusion of Queen Latifah), since the concept is pretty fluffy and universal, and the originals are not without their (sometimes major) flaws.

Here's the trailer:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/taxi/

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I just saw the trailer a couple weeks ago in the theaters (before AvsP). It was met mostly with groans (mine included). I didn't know that this was a remake, but I know that they lost pretty much the whole audience as soon as Latifahs taxi started rocking on the hydraulics, and became all pimped out (Bling? I don't know the lingo.) I can't get too excited for this one.

the interesting thing about the trailers that night, was after the Taxi trailer, there was one for TEAM America, which was met with silence as well, and one person remarked from behind "I'd rather see that than Taxi." Which surprised me as I have Team America on my must see list. The Batman Begins teaser was met with polite silence as well, so maybe it was a Canadian thing where no one wanted to upset anyone else by declaring how they really felt.

jian

Agent
Well, it's directed by Tim Story, who also did Barbershop, so I guess if you like his style, this variation may be to your liking. Personally, I haven't seen Barbershop, but I do like Latifah (I think she's very charismatic) and also Jimmy Fallon from SNL. When I saw the trailer in the theaters, it was greeted with quite a bit of laughter. Time will tell I guess.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Does nothing for me, except for the Queen. Jimmy Falon, well I never thought he was funny even on SNL.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I saw it in front of Collateral and something else recently, and I heard mostly groans from the theater (IIRC, not exactly the target audience).

Personally I thought it was one of the worst trailers I've ever seen.

Kristian

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kristian

I've seen Barbershop and this trailer showed none of the charm of that movie. Terrible, unfunny, ridiculous trailer. Since the action looked so bad here, it makes me really worried about the director's next project, Fantastic Four.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks