Trailer review (beyond, but including, AP3)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chuck Mayer, Dec 19, 2001.

1. Chuck Mayer

Chuck Mayer Lead Actor

Chuck Mayer
    Saw lots of trailers in front of LOTR. Some new, some old, some BAD. Let's discuss.

First the commercials. Bad trend. Go away.

- Microsoft XP, to the tune of Madonna: as one aud. member said..."it's the DEVIL!" No argument here.

- Chevy Minivan (the "magic" one, if you haven't seen it, thank your maker): roundly booed, and rightfully so. It sucks.

AP3:Goldmember - The crowd loved it, I smiled. Thedn it got old. It has Britney (cameo, I know) and Beyonce in it. Screams demographics to me.

Blade II - Hell yeah, not much of a teaser, but I was excited!

Signs - mmnehh. Dull, and done. We'll see. I certainly liked his last two films.

The Scorpion King - what the ding-dong? This looks awful! Bad looking, bad sounding, bad lines, BAAAAAAD acting!

Star Wars: AOTC - The crowd cheered. Seen it. Looks good. Can wait.

Orange County - MTV Productions. Even Jack Black looked embarassed.

Queen of the Damned - Looked PRETTY BAD. Who is Stuart Townsend? I have heard the name.

With V Sky earlier this week...

I Am Sam - Initially turned off by premise, but Sean Penn made a fantastic case, even if schmaltzy, will run and see. Looks moving.

Panic Room - Simple premise, handled by complex director. Images look incredible, and I LOVE JODIE FOSTER AND DAVID FINCHER!

Take care,

Chuck

2. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Producer

3. Michael Moulton

Michael Moulton Stunt Coordinator

I believe the minivan commercial was for Chrysler, not Chevy. Considering how terrible the commercial was, don't pin it on the wrong company [​IMG]

4. Aaron Schmitt

Aaron Schmitt Stunt Coordinator

Score one for the independent theaters (Galaxy Theaters), no commercials before the showing of LOTR at my hometown theater. We got trailers for Queen of the Damned, Spiderman and Goldmember. My friend and I hadn't seen the Spidey trailer yet, and were very impressed by what we saw. Can't wait for that one now.

Aaron