What's new

Trailer: INFERNAL AFFAIRS. It's Miramax, so this might be all we get (1 Viewer)

Brian Thibodeau

Supporting Actor
Just noticed this over at apple.com.

It's not a bad trailer, although I think the original Hong Kong trailers were better. The usual hyperbole actually captures the central story quite nicely:

Now, they're both out to uncover the traitor among them. They know he's dangerous. They know he's deadly. What they don't know, it that they're hunting...each other.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/mirama...l_affairs.html

Supposedly it opens this Friday, Sept. 24, but why I can imagine this high-concept pop (and popular) thriller will get some token Big City Arthouse release so its video release can ride the coattails of the American remake? Sigh...

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Oh good. I thought this was going to end up like "The Ring", and that all we were going to get theatrically was the remake. Glad that we are going to get the original in the states.

Jason

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Say again?

I just finished watching this for the first time (Media Asia Region 0 DVD), and though I thought it was a bit confusing, it was pretty good overall. I would love to have this come to the Cincinnati area so I could see it on the big screen.

Brian Thibodeau

Supporting Actor
I'd love to see it on the big screen too, even though I've bought and watched all three films in the trilogy on DVD; I'm just not holding out a lot of hope unless it gets the "Quentin Tarantino Sez You Must See Infernal Affairs" treatment that HERO needlessly received.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steve Latshaw
Recent bookmarks