Traffic the mini series

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by BridgetJZ, Jan 7, 2004.

1. BridgetJZ

BridgetJZ Second Unit

I heard that there was going to be a new mini series that's sort of like a remake of the movie Traffic (that features Benecio del Toro, Michael Douglass, etc)... i haven't seen anything myself though... couldn't tell you what network it's on... anyone have any details???

I'd expect to have heard something about this by now...

2. Carlos Mendoza

Carlos Mendoza Stunt Coordinator

3. Lew Crippen

Lew Crippen Executive Producer

Should this be the case, we will have come full circle. Soderberg’s Traffic is based on a TV min-series out of the UK titled, Traffik, which traces drug smuggling (heroin) from Pakistan to Hamgurg to the UK.

Really quite different than the movie and very interesting. IIRC, this was shown in the States in the early 90s on PBS.

4. Garrett Adams

Garrett Adams Supporting Actor

Technically I believe it was a joint UK/German production.

I caught the PBS broadcasts of Traffik and was totally riveted by the production. The following week I watched the film Traffic on cable. While it was a fine movie I didn't think it was as good as the mini-series.

5. Holadem

Holadem Lead Actor

Really. I may have to get the original mini series because I find the movie one of the best in recent years.

--
    H

6. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

I own the mini-series but haven't gotten around to watching it yet. I may have to give it a spin sometime soon.

7. BridgetJZ

BridgetJZ Second Unit

I agree...Traffic is by far one of the best movies, particularly of that genre that i've seen in quite a long time. From what I've seen on the TV spots, USA seems to be doing a pretty good job keeping the same general tone and feeling of the film.

I have pretty high hopes for this one -- mainly because the producers didn't fall into the same traps that many mini series-adaptation-producers fall into... recreating the same story. From what I understand the US miniseries will encompass weapons trafficking, human trafficking, along w/ drug trafficking.

I'm curious to see what they do w/ this.