Trading Spaces Vegas Live

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by BrettB, Jan 20, 2003.

1. BrettB

BrettB Producer

Did anyone see this trainwreck? Actually it was sorta funny to see something so seemingly simple go so horribly wrong. My mind is conjuring up all sorts of great scenarios as to what happened.

2. BradG

BradG Stunt Coordinator

Yes,

It was an embarrasement to the show. I saw the rerun later that evening, not the actual live version, but I'm assuming there was no difference in what was seen at either showing.

Was there a problem with the homeowners or production members/on-air talent that prevented the ending from coming off as it should? Showing a whole bunch of footage being rewound, not showing the reveal and having 3 staff people pretend to be Paige and the homeowners was very strange - complete chaos.

It would be nice to get word on exactly what went wrong...

3. BradG

BradG Stunt Coordinator

Just went to the TLC home page - I guess the problem was only with the repeat showing and was the result of production difficulties. If you saw the live version, you saw what actually happened.

4. Martin Rendall

Martin Rendall Screenwriter

Most used phrase: "stripper pole".

Martin.

5. Mark Pfeiffer

Mark Pfeiffer Screenwriter

6. Jeff Savage

Jeff Savage Second Unit

I saw it live and there were no problems what so ever. The actual homeowners and Paige did the reveal. Very smooth. At both houses there was a taped discussion with the designer and then a cut to the live reveal. The two houses were separated via commercial. Actually other than a difference in video quality I didn't see any difference between the live reveal and the normal taped ones from other shows. I did not see any repeats so I cannot comment on that.

What they really need to do is setup a webcam link to the little camera in the corner of the room so people can see the entire process realtime if they wanted to.

I predict the 4 poster "stripper pole" bed to be the next big thing in design. That was pretty funny.

Laters,
    Jeff

7. Micheal

Micheal Screenwriter

I saw it LIVE and it went of without a hitch! No problems over here.

That Paige sure is a sweetheart! YUM [​IMG]

8. DeeF

DeeF Screenwriter

I watched it, and I saw the problems in the midnight run of the show. But I caught it on Sunday, and I saw the "reveal" as it was meant to be seen.

Yawn. The show is fun, but I can't imagine doing any of those things to my rooms. That brown stuff Doug put up on the walls did look like baby poop.

9. Micheal

Micheal Screenwriter

10. DeeF

DeeF Screenwriter

Another thing I saw this time:

On the first episode that night, Ty Pennington seemed more gay than I have ever seen him before. He flirted the whole episode with the tall, good-looking husband (with the tall wife).

11. Lee L

Lee L Supporting Actor

I thought it was really good and my wife and I never cease to be amazed at the rooms people like. I'm sure the editing plays some part but I can't tell you how many times we think the room is going in a direction that is exactly what the homeowners hate and bam, they like it anyway.

That venitian plaster is pretty cool when it is all done. It gives such a level of depth to the wall that you don't get with any kind of paint effect.

Paige is hot and a good host to boot. So much better than Alex who is wooden as ever on Joe Millionaire.

12. Shawn C

Shawn C Screenwriter

Yeah, Paige is hot, and seems pretty intelligent. I don't like her hair.

Anways, I don't see what the big deal was doing the reveal LIVE. It's not like anyone did or said anything different from what they normally do. I guess Vegas does funny things to people.. [​IMG]