Trading Spaces Rick Rifle: Where'd they get this guy?

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by John Madia, Oct 21, 2003.

1. John Madia

John Madia Second Unit

And I thought Hildi was bad. At least she does a good room once in a while. I haven't liked one of Rick's rooms yet and neither have most of the homeowners (only his Columbus room even approached decent). His room on TS Family this week was the worst I've seen with the black and orange paint scheme. He even painted the brick! I don't think he's going to last much longer unless the producers felt they were dramatically short on bad reveals.

2. Bob-N

Bob-N Supporting Actor

He's terrible. I've seen three of his rooms and they stink. Mind you not on par with Hildi's worst, but bad nonetheless. Where's Vern when you need him?

3. Jason Harbaugh

Jason Harbaugh Cinematographer

I think they are intentionally trying to find 'out there' designers that they know most home owners won't like just to give the show some spice again. It has been dropping in the ratings and everyone basically knows what a Laurie room or Doug room, or Vern or Frank room will end up looking like.

I just feel sorry for the home owners.

4. Jodee

Jodee Screenwriter

Has it been dropping in the ratings?

I know I have been bored with it lately, and I wondered if I was the only one.

It just seems overexposed. Two brand new episodes every week, plus the totally unnecessary TS: Family is just too much.

I have the last three new episodes stored in my Tivo I haven't got around to watching yet. I have stopped watching TS: Family since it was so boring, but I still Tivo it and just watch the reveals at the end. I might start doing that with the regular Trading Spaces as well.

5. Jack Shappa

Jack Shappa Second Unit

I find "Changing Rooms" on BBC much more interesting. "Trading Spaces" just seems like a weak imitation to me.

- Cryo

6. John Madia

John Madia Second Unit

I think there's just too much Trading Spaces on right now. Not only do they have two new episodes a week, I don't think they even took a break in between seasons. Plus the reruns are on all week. I'll end up watching maybe one new episode a week and some bits of other episodes when I'm flipping.

I usually watch TS Family because it has a different feel. The new host also has gotten a lot better.

7. Jodee

Jodee Screenwriter

"Changing Rooms" suffers from the opposite problem as "Trading Spaces"-- they so rarely have new episodes.

I also much prefer the original British show, but I quickly saw all the episodes and I got hooked on Trading Spaces to try and fill my appetite for new shows. But now it's overkill.

8. JamieD

JamieD Supporting Actor

It's overkill, and Rick is a horrible designer.

But he's said so, and that he doesn't care. That he just wants a reaction, that he's an artist, yadda yadda yadda.

9. Lee L

Lee L Supporting Actor

Well, if Rick can't make it as a designer, I know of another entertainment industry his name sounds perfect for. [​IMG]

I think they should go back to a 40 to 50 episode season and stop with the 2 episodes per week. I did read that they ordered 60 eps this year so it seems like they should run out of the doubles soon.

10. Marty M

Marty M Cinematographer

I think Rick has been added to "stir up the friction". Doug has been almost too predicatble and home owners are starting to accept his style and are not as intimidated by him as they were when he first appeared on the show.

One of the worse designers, who is no longer on the show, was the woman who made lamps. I can't remember her name, but she was worse than Hildi.