1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

Trading my DTV Reciever with someone's TiVo/DTV reciever?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeremiah, Sep 24, 2002.

1. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Screenwriter

I can't wait for the new TiVo 2's to come out and I am already a DirectTV subscriber so I have this question....

On TiVo's website, if you are a new subscriber you can get the Sony T60 and dish installed for about $150 and I would have to pay roughly $400 if I wanted to get the Sony T60 on my own. So, my mom might be interested in getting DirectTV over her digital cable so could I have her get the TiVo deal and I could just trade her my basic Hughes reciever? Once the Series 2 come out I will buy one and give her back the other TiVo or just buy her the Series 2. I doubt she would care if she had TiVo or not.

It seems that it would be a steal if I can do this.

2. Luke_Y

Luke_Y Second Unit

3. Mark_E_Smith

Mark_E_Smith Second Unit

I gave my 70 year old mom one, now she can't imagine watching without one. She gets all her soaps and doesnt have to be there. But to your question. I would keep the series 2 as there are things to come involving the USB ports that the series 1 do not have and they will most likely not be useful to a non techie. But the only trouble is the TiVo would have to be started in her name. I think the series 2s will be out in the next week or so. [​IMG] But I would highly recomend she get a DTiVo as it will open up a new world to her.