Trading in a car.

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Jay H, Mar 13, 2004.

1. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Hey, what's the policy on stuff like snow tires when trading a car in to the dealership. I know I would take out my head unit and put the original one back in, they wont give you anything more for it, but what about wear and tear items, like I have a set of Blizzaks that are about 6 years old, they are still in good shape because I take them off in the summer and don't drive that much when it's not snowing out (I am a mad cyclist).

I'd like to keep the regular tires because they are probably worth more than the Blizzaks, but I'm wondering how would the value be upon trade in, would a dealership see them and say, AHA, snow tires, lets deduct $XXX? Right now, they are mounted on the original rims I got with the car but I would have them switched upon trade in....

Jay

P.S. How did you like that completely run-on sentance my first paragraph is? [​IMG]

2. Sean Conklin

Sean Conklin Screenwriter

Depends on the car. Usually they don't care about stuff like that.

3. Bob Graz

Bob Graz Supporting Actor

If you're trading in an older car with little value it doesn't matter. They know what they will get when they wholesale it and use that for your trade-in value. If you are trading in a newer car in very good condition that they could possibly sell off their lot then yes, it might make a bit of a difference.

I think most trades go straight to the wholesaler.