What's new

Track the Films You Watch (2007) (1 Viewer)

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Pirates of the Caribbean 3

The first one was pretty good, the second a definite step down, and this third one is the weakest of the bunch.

PatW

Screenwriter
Real Name
Patricia
Just so easy and pat. It was as if the middle part of the movie hadn't occurred.
I still liked the movie alot but was extremely disappointed in the ending.

The Good Shepherd (2006) :star: :star: :star: :star: 1/2

Very interesting take on the early days of the CIA as told in flashbacks.
It takes place in the early 1960's right after the Bay of Pigs disaster. Matt Damon plays Edward Wilson the head of the covert operations department at the CIA. They believe Cuba was forewarned of the invasion and look for the leak.

The was a long complicated tale but I was glued to my seat during every minute of this movie. Robert De Niro did a wonderful job with this intricate plot. I must say I was surprised to find out he was the director no insult intended. Matt Damon gives a solid performance which is not surprising given his track record lately. The supporting characters are all great in their parts esp. Michael Gambon but this is Damon's movie and he's excellent. I enjoyed this one more than I thought I would.

The White Cliffs of Dover (1944) :star: :star: :star: :star: 1/2

Very soap-operish but I became lost in this movie. Both Irene Dunne and Roddy Mcdowell give wonderful performances. Loved this one alot.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Actually, the joke is on you since you're the one that is classifying the ending as laughable, disgraceful and one of the worst cases of cinematice self-harm you ever saw which in my opinion is a little overboard, but if that's how you felt about it then that's it.

Crawdaddy

42nd Street Freak

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave

Yeah...I think it's pretty universal thinking that the whole '2 fleets' thing was wasted when the finale simply came down between 2 ships and the whole Calypso saga had a very weak ending.
And what's this!? Chow Yun Fat gets to do no action!!!

42nd Street Freak

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave

No defense then.
No remarks to back anything up.
No actual discussion that explains your counter opinion...Nothing.

OH, except for a jibe at me personally for some reason. Very nice.

It seems then you take such views on the ending very seriously (in attitude at least, if not in actually providing any counter argument).
Sorry Mr Howard Hawks I thought you were dead, didn't mean to upset you.

Well done Crawdaddy, that was truly scholarly.
But I guess my points about this turd of an ending (a laughable, disgraceful turd even) still stand, as a personal dig does not counter any of them.

"Move 'em out"!
"Rolling, rolling, rolling....."

Anyway....I found the same 'Wayne' humour (great in the right context) hurt a couple of scenes in the otherwise masterly "The Searchers" as well.
Can't remember anything explicitly specific except something jokey happened after the amazingly dark scene of Wayne coldly shooting out the Indian's corpse eyes.
So out of place.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
No further discussion is required since it's your opinion and if the ending doesn't work for you then it doesn't work for you. So being scholarly about it will have no beneficial effect and will only waste our collective time arguing about a film point that is either accepted or not accepted by the individual. My only quibble is some of those adjectives you use to describe your feelings about the ending, but it was my mistake to even argue that point, since it's your opinion based on subjective reasoning.

Crawdaddy

Martin Teller

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Teller
Since anything I see tonight is going to be a re-watch, I might as well do this now:

10 Best Discoveries of 2007:
Sweet Smell of Success
Nights of Cabiria
The Conformist
My Darling Clementine
All About My Mother
Subarnarekha
Pratidwandi
Spirit of the Beehive
The Face of Another
I Don't Want To Sleep Alone

10 Worst Discoveries of 2007:
Clerks II
The Perfect Storm
Coup de Grace
Hail Mary
W.R.: Mysteries of the Organism
She Wore a Yellow Ribbon
Terminal Station
The Miracle of Morgan's Creek

Brian.L

Supporting Actor
December Recap

Movies seen: 22 (First timers: 20)
Average rating = 2.95/5

Starting to catch up with the good 2007 movies for my "Best Of" list. Probably won't have that close to finalized until March or April. I watched a ton less movies in 2007 than last year (262 vs 317), but I'll attribute that to an increased social life. Aw well.

ALL RATINGS OUT OF :star::star::star::star::star: (FIVE) STARS

First time viewings in bold.

12/01- Michael Clayton (2007) :star::star::star::star:
12/02- Stardust (2007) :star::star::star:
12/03- Onibaba (1964) :star::star::star:1/2
12/07- Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (2007) :star::star::star:
12/08- Catwoman (2004) 1/2
12/09- Mr. Brooks (2007) :star::star:
12/09- Arctic Tale (2007) :star::star:1/2
12/11- Interview (2007) :star::star:
12/12- Heavenly Creatures (1994) :star::star::star:
12/15- Primeval (2007) :star::star:1/2
12/16- Black Book (Zwartboek) (2007) :star::star::star:
12/21- Pathfinder (2007) :star:1/2
12/24- The Searchers (1956) :star::star::star:1/2
12/25- Waiting For Guffman (1996) :star::star::star:
12/25- The Two Towers:EE (2002) :star::star::star::star:1/2
12/25- No Country For Old Men (2007) :star::star::star::star:
12/28- Once (2007) :star::star::star:
12/28- Before the Devil Knows You're Dead (2007) :star::star::star::star:
12/29- Thir13en Ghosts (2001) :star:1/2
12/29- Eastern Promises (2007) :star::star::star:1/2
12/30- Galaxy Quest (1999) :star::star::star::star:
12/31- Atonement (2007) :star::star::star:1/2

Favorites (first timers): No Country For Old Men, Michael Clayton, Before the Devil Knows You're Dead

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
12/28/07

A nous la liberte (1931) :star::star: Dir. Rene Clair

I know this film is hailed as a masterpiece and I know Chaplin's Modern Times owes a lot to it but that doesn't mean the film worked for me. Clair's satirical look at factory workers and their owners who are willing to exchange them for machinery is suppose to be a comedy but I'm not sure which part of it is. Having now seen the film for myself, I can see why the original company went after Chaplin because there's no way in hell that this film didn't influence Chaplin and his masterpiece. However, to me it seems Chaplin saw a technically brilliant but soul less film and made a much better picture. Credit should be given to Clair because the technical look of this film is brilliant and the music score is top notch but that's about as far as my admiration goes. There wasn't a single time in this film where I laugh and I only cracked a smile a couple times. The film is clearly spoofing the factory workers yet I could never see any of the spoof Had you not told me this was a comedy then everything on screen comes off as drama because it doesn't seem to me that there was any attempt for laughs. Another problem I had was the dialogue, which was great but at the same time it kind of went against what was going on in the scenes. The movie is filmed in a silent manor and in my opinion it probably would have worked best as a silent movie. The spoken words because somewhat distracting from the technical side of things so it came off to me as Clair was either making a silent film and later decided to make it sound or the film is just uneven.

Private Detective 62 (1933) :star::star: Dir. Michael Curtiz

Rather strange who-done-it has William Powell deported from France but he ends up in American unable to get work due to his reputation and the Depression. He finally catches on at a low rent firm where he gets involved with a woman (Margaret Lindsay), which leads to a murder that he must solve. Coming from director Curtiz I was left really disappointed by this film, which lacks any real mystery or comedy. Powell does as much as he can with his role and brings the only charm that the film has going for it. Powell is nice but the screenplay doesn't give him too much to do and what he does get into isn't that interesting. Lindsay is rather bland in her role and Ruth Donnelly doesn't get any laughs. The entire mystery towards the end is very slow going and boring.

Story of Louis Pasteur, The (1935) :star::star::star: Dir. William Dieterle

Bio pic of chemist Louis Pasteur (Paul Muni) who found a cure for the black plague but was then blacklisted when he made the claim that childhood fever was caused when doctors didn't wash their hands before delivering babies. This is a pretty strong film from start to finish that features a terrific performance by Muni who rightfully deserved his Best Actor Oscar. I was really shocked at how well Muni was here because I was a little skeptical going in. God knows he's given countless great performances throughout his career but I was shocked at how well he play Pasteur who of course used his brains more than his muscles or mouth like many of Muni's other roles. There's not a single second where Muni comes off as himself but the entire film he gives the performance that we think we're actually watching Pasteur work. The supporting cast is also very good with Josephine Hutchinson, Anita Louise and Donald Woods all turning in good work.

Portrait of Jennie (1948) :star::star::star: Dir. William Dieterle

Entertaining drama about a painter (Joseph Cotten) who's down on his luck but comes across a beautiful girl (Jennifer Jones) who inspires him to live his life again. This is a highly impressive little film that manages to be very poetic and beautiful and offers up some terrific performances by the all-star cast. I think the film's only big flaw is that it's rather predictable about who the girl is and what happened to the girl to get her in Cotten's life. The ending, with the green tint, contains some great special effects and manages to be quite touching as well. Cotten is excellent as the painter and his work with Jones is very romantic from start to finish. Ethyl Barrymore nearly steals the film and Lillian Gish, Cecil Kellaway and Henry Hull offer up nice support. The film offers up a lot of ideas on life, death, love and the passage of time and makes on think just as the Cotten character is doing throughout the film.

Boom (1968) :star: Dir. Joseph Losey

Tennessee Williams wrote the screenplay for this incredibly embarrassing disaster about a dying rich woman (Elizabeth Taylor) who has everything except a man and the man (Richard Burton) who has nothing except the ability to entertain women. This film has a notorious reputation but I was shocked at how bad it really was. The only good thing is the camp factor that comes from all the badness and stink that surrounds the film. I've never seen Taylor give a worse performance but she's certainly very bad here. The horrible screenplay doesn't give her too much to do except scream at people and say goddamn countless times but Taylor doesn't do anything but overact. Her constant screaming is worse that fingernails across an old chalk board. I'm not sure what drinks Burton had before filming but his performance comes across as him doing a bad version of Shakespeare. The supporting cast isn't any better but the major blame has to go to Williams and his incredibly bad screenplay. Some of the dialogue in this film gets major laughs, although that certainly wasn't the intent. I'd even say that some of the dialogue appears to have been written by Ed Wood because it tries so damn hard to be serious or touching but come off incredibly dumb. Even with all the badness there is one good moment and that's when Taylor, peaking out at Burton, decides she needs a lover and gives a little talk about it. This scene closes with a zoom up to Taylor's eyes.

Hamlet (1948) :star::star::star: Dir. Laurence Olivier

Highly impressive version of the Shakespeare tale has Laurence Olivier direction and also playing the title role. Olivier picked up Best Picture as well as Best Actor, which I won't argue against even though I didn't love the film as many others do. I'm not a huge fan of Shakespeare even though I've read this play and see a few different film versions of it. Technically speaking this film is flawless but I don't think it's as good as the Branagh version. I think the biggest problem I had with the film is that it really didn't feel like a movie. I'm not sure if that makes any sense but the movie came off more like a filmed version of a play instead of a regular movie, which I thought took away from some of the dramatic scenes. Outside of that there's really nothing negative I can say about the film as it's beautiful to look out with some incredible sets and great costumes. The performances are all terrific with Olivier really standing out among the crowd. It was nice seeing Peter Cushing in his small role and Jean Simmons was great as well.

Departed, The (2006) :star::star::star::star: Dir. Martin Scorsese

This was my fifth time viewing this film but the first for my girlfriend who loved the film. This is certainly the best film I've seen from this decade and it's probably earned a spot on my Top 100 and I'm sure it will go higher with future viewings, which it will certainly get.

12/29/07

Four Daughters (1938) :star::star::star:1/2 Dir. Michael Curtiz

A musician and father (Claude Rains) does his best to raise his four daughters (Priscilla Lane, Rosemary Lane, Lola Lane, Gale Page) the right way, which he does but things start to go wrong when a rebel musician (John Garfield) enters their house. I was surprised to see how much I enjoyed this film because I was really just expecting a lot of melodrama and sappy scenes but the film became much more than that due to Curtiz's tight direction of the material and a terrific performance by Garfield. The story is certainly mainly for women but Rains and Garfield both make it more entertaining for the men and both of them also give a lot of backbone to the story. Rains is terrific as the old-fashioned father and the four women are also very strong with Priscilla being the real stand out. The supporting cast includes May Robson, Jeffrey Lynn and Dick Foran and all of them are very good. It's easy to see why Garfield received an Oscar nomination and jumped to stardom after this one role because it's one of the most memorable performances from this late 30s period. Garfield brought along a new style of acting and it's still quite refreshing seeing it where it started.

Four Wives (1939) :star::star:1/2 Dir. Michael Curtiz

Sequel to Four Daughters has father Claude Rains hands full when his daughters (Priscilla Lane, Rosemary Lane, Lola Lane, Gale Page) are out of the house and married. All except for Ann (P. Lane), who lost her husband at the end of the last film and now tries to start up her relationship with the man (Jeffrey Lynn) she left in the first film. Only problem is she's pregnant by her dead husband. Okay, this sequel actually isn't too bad on a technical level and the performances are all very good but the story really bothered me and kept me from caring too much about the main character Ann. This film goes against her feelings for her husband from the first film so that they can set up the romance here. The father and sisters make long speeches about how she never really loved her husband and this certainly wasn't the case so that's part of the reason this film bothered me. Another point that bothered me is that she was started up a relationship perhaps weeks after her husband died. There's a lot of situations here, which I'm shocked got past the ratings code, although something might have been cut since the version I saw ran 99-minutes, which the IMDB lists another version running 110-minutes.

Four Mothers (1941) :star::star: Dir. William Keighley

Claude Rains along with Priscilla Lane, Rosemary Lane, Lola Lane and Gale Page return for this second sequel to Four Daughters but it's clear the studio was desperate for cash. This time out the family finds themselves falling apart after they lose all their money due to a hurricane. WIll they end up broke or will things work out for them? I'm pretty sure you already know the answer to that so in the end this is a pretty worthless film that only has some strong acting for it. Rains delivers his strongest performance of the series and the Lane girls do just fine as well. The supporting plays like May Robson, Dick Foran and Jeffrey Lynn are also back and they too do fine work but the screenplay gives them very little to do.

Vincent (1982) :star::star::star::star: Dir. Tim Burton

Vincent Price narrates this animated short about a young boy named Vincent who dreams that he can be the real Vincent Price. This is a terrific little short that has great animation and Price's narration is simply fantastic. I was really shocked at how great this film looked considering how low the budget probably was. The various homages to classic horror films are great as is the dialogue aimed at Price's own horror movies.

Frankenweenie (1984) :star::star::star::star: Dir. Tim Burton

Wonderful short about a boy's dog who dies after being hit by a car but the boy uses electricity to bring him back to life. I read that Tim Burton was fired from Disney due to making such a dark picture that they felt they couldn't sell to children but this is probably the best movie I've seen from the director. It's rather amazing to see how great his visual style was even at this young age as the visuals in the film match the stuff from later films and to do it on such a small budget is even better. Daniel Stern and Shelley Duvall are great as the boy's parents and the supporting cast is good as well. There's a lot of great homages to James Whale's Frankenstein and Bride of Frankenstein, which come off great. I'd also say that this is one of the greatest horror/comedies out there as the humor in the film is very nice and the ending is great.

12/30/07

21 Hours at Munich (1976) :star::star::star: William A. Graham

Pretty good made for TV movie about the 1972 Olympics in Munich, Germany where Arab terrorists kidnapped and murdered eleven Israeli athletes. I don't know the entire history of the events surrounding this attack but if this film stays true to what really happened then I can't help but blame the German government and their security at the Olympics. I really couldn't believe how stupid some of the decisions made where and I really wonder what this event would do in today's world where God knows there's a lot more media. As for the film itself, it's entertaining throughout but it never gets too dramatic and the direction lacks any real style or flair. William Holden gives a good performance as the head Munich guy trying to get everything done while Franco Nero steals the show as the head terrorist. Nero is downright brilliant in his part with a look that could kill. I liked how Nero played the part of a thinking man and this really comes across well.

My Man and I (1952) :star::star: Dir. William A. Wellman

Chu Chu Ramirez (Ricardo Montalban), a Mexican immigrant, becomes a U.S. citizen and plans on living the American dream of working, making a home and being happy. He gets a job with a racist couple (Claire Trevor, Wendell Corey) but after the work is done they refuse to pay him and go as far as to falsely accuse him of a crime, which might land him in jail. This film has a good heart behind it but the screenplay just wonders around and never really focuses on anything. The film follows a pretty standard storyline, which takes away any possible drama since we can see where everything is going. Montalban is excellent in his role but it's a shame he didn't have a better screenplay to work with. Both Corey and Trevor are great as well and they come off very easy to hate. Shelley Winters plays a troubled woman who is befriended by Chu Chu. The most interesting aspect is how Chu Chu views America as a place of good and where nothing can go wrong. When he's accused of the crime he has a hard time figuring out how an innocent man can go to jail and I wish the film would have centered more on these issues. Seeing how a foreigner views America is something interesting to work with but the film goes all over the place.

Mr. Wu (1927) :star::star:1/2 Dir. William Nigh

Lon Chaney plays a duel role as Mr. Wu and his grandfather. In the film, Mr. Wu (Chaney) believes in an old Chinese custom of marrying his daughter (Renee Adoree) into another Chinese family but the girl has fallen in love with an Englishman (Ralph Forbes). When the Englishman leaves the girl, Wu must seek revenge by killing the man, his family and his own daughter. For the first seventy-minutes this is a love story between the two kids with the vengeance aspect just showing up for the final twenty. Overall I was pretty disappointed with the film, although there's some good stuff in it. I think this is one of the weakest performances from Chaney that I've seen because he seems to forget the performance in exchange for the brilliant make up. Chaney's make up effects as the grandfather are simply marvelous and you can't even tell that it's Chaney under all that make up. Adoree comes off very well bringing an innocence that's easy to connect with. Forbes is also very good in his role and the supporting players are nice as well. I think the film would have benefited with a tighter script that kept the action moving better because the middle of the film is rather dull with not too much going on. Had this middle section been as entertaining as the first and third acts then the movie would be much more memorable. As it is, this movie is mainly watchable due to the great make up work from Chaney.

Juno (2007) :star::star::star:1/2 Dir. Jason Reitman

Delightful comedy about a 16-year-old girl named Juno (Ellen Page) who finds out she's pregnant and decides to give the baby to a happy couple (Jennifer Garner, Jason Bateman). This is a touching little film that certainly has its heart in the right place and I don't think there was a single second where there wasn't a smile on my face. The film has a terrific screenplay that allows for plenty of laughs as well as some nice and tender moments. Page gives an excellent performance as the teenage who gets into a situation over her head. We follow her character for nine months and we see her go through all sorts of changes and Page perfectly captures all of them. She's got a great comic timing but she also handles the dramatic scenes very well. Garner also turns in a very good performance but the real shock is Jason Bateman who turns in a wonderful performance. It's good to see him doing something different and I guess this performance proves that an actor can do much more if they are offered something different. J.K. Simmons also deserves a mention as Juno's father. I think some of the over the top humor keeps this from being a great film but it's certainly an original film considering how many pregnant movies are out there.

Strait-Jacket (1964) :star::star:1/2 Dir. William Castle

Joan Crawford chops off her husbands head as well as his lover and gets sent away to an asylum. Twenty years later she is released and goes to live with her daughter (Diane Baker) but soon more headless bodies start to pile up. This is a pretty good shocker that works mainly because of the Robert Bloch screenplay, which slightly borrows from his very own Psycho. Needless to say, there's a very big plot twist at the end of the film but I caught onto it within the first ten minutes of the movie so I doubt this twist comes as a shock to anyone. Castle's direction is a tad bit soft during the majority of the film but he does a great job when it comes to the axe murders. The murder sequences are well staged and contain some nice editing. Another good sequence comes when the mother and daughter are first united and try to get to know one another. The biggest problem is that I caught the twist so the middle section of the film had me yawning a few times waiting for the big climax. Crawford is good in her part as is Baker. A young George Kennedy adds some fun to the film as well.

12/31/07

Unguarded Hour, The (1936) :star::star::star: Dir. Sam Wood

A future D.A. (Franchot Tone) is being blackmailed over letters written to a former mistress so his wife (Loretta Young) goes to pay off the blackmailer (Henry Daniell). There's more to the story including the mistress being murdered as well as another murder case that took place where Young went to drop off the money but I won't go into much detail about those issues because how they come up is half the fun of the film. I really wasn't expecting much from this film but it turned out to be a very intelligent little thriller that has some great acting by the leads and supporting cast. Loretta Young is great as usual as the wife who must decide to save an innocent man's life or ruin the career of her husband. There's one scene in the film where Tone, Lewis Stone and Roland Young are putting on a fake trial and talking about how what seems to be hiding up guilt might just be the person telling the truth. This is a terrific little scene and all three actors really sell it perfectly. There's a lot of dialogue in this movie but director Wood keeps everything moving along at a fast pace. The title refers to an hour in every person's life where they can't prove where they were and there's no one there to back up where they might have been so if they were charged with a crime there's no way they could get out of it.

Doctor Takes a Wife, The (1940) :star::star::star: Dir. Alexander Hall

Minor but entertaining screwball-comedy about a feminist writer (Loretta Young) and a doctor (Ray Milland) who meet while on vacation but hate each other from the start. After a mix up the media makes a mistake an announces that they were married so the two must pretend to be so that they can keep their careers. There's nothing overly special about this film but it does contain enough laughs to make it entertaining. It was nice seeing Young play a feminist as she's constantly shouting and holding her head up high while at the same time playing the sweet and loving wife as a joke. Her sweetness mixes perfectly well with Milland's dry humor and he really shines with his comic timing. The only really weak segment of the film comes when Milland is rushing between two apartments while trying to keep his girlfriend from finding out Young is in the other apartment. Reginald Gardiner and Gail Patrick add nice support as the editor and Milland's other girl. Edward Van Sloan has a small, thankless role as well.

Star is Born, A (1937) :star::star::star::star: Dir. William A. Wellman

I guess the story of this film is familiar to everyone but this is the first version of the story that I've actually watched. A country girl (Janet Gaynor) goes to Hollywood to become a star but hits hard times until she meets the famous Norman Maine (Fredric March). Maine gets the girl into a movie and she shoots to the top of Hollywood's A list but it comes at the same time as his fall from grace. I read a couple reviews of this film and it seems to take a lot of beatings today because of the story but I think it's important to note that this was the first one so you really can't blame it for having a familiar story. I thought the movie was great from start to finish and like most great movies this one here has just about everything going for it. The performances are great, the story is both tragic and funny and Wellman's direction is top-notch. The Technicolor also does the film a lot of good making it appear all the more epic. I thought the stories of Gaynor and March were both perfectly done. The start of the film deals with her rise to fame and thought they captured a lot of mood and feelings. The second half of the film is even better as this is when the drama of March's character falling apart comes into play. I guess you could say you knew what was going to happen but I still found it quite dramatic and rather heartbreaking. Adolphe Menjou, May Robson and Andy Devine are all terrific in their supporting roles.

Nitwits, The (1935) :star::star::star: Dir. George Stevens

Wheeler and Woolsey comedy has the boys playing cigar salesmen who get caught up in a murder mystery surrounding a killer known as "The Black Widow". This is a pretty good little gem that manages to be quite hilarious but it also has a good mystery surrounding it. There's also no doubt that this film influenced Abbott and Costello's Who Done It? not to mention there are other gags here later used by Abbott and Costello. The film has non-stop gags including a hilarious sequence that involves a chase towards the end of the film. Just about every type of gag gets thrown out there and the majority of them stick. There's also a very funny scene where Woolsey scares the future dead victim by singing a song about a black widow. Betty Grable play's Wheeler's girlfriend and the prime murder suspect and she's very good in her bit role. Black actor Willie Best has some of the funniest scenes, although most of them come in the form of racial jokes.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
Best New Viewing of the Year: THE WIND (1928)

Other :star::star::star::star: New Viewings: (in order watched)

Oklahoma Outlaws (1943)
Scenes in San Francisco, No. 1 (1906)
Scenes in San Francisco, No. 2 (1906)
Facing Your Danger (1946)
That Mothers Might Live (1938)
Schlock! The Secret History of American Movies (2001)
Queen, The (2006)
Ladies and Gentlemen...The Rolling Stones (1973)
Letters from Iwo Jima (2006)
Southerner, The (1945)
Christmas Story, A (1983)
Grindhouse: Planet Terror (2007)
Grindhouse: Death Proof (2007)
Simon of the Desert (1965)
Black Snake Moan (2006)
Sea Wolf, The (1941)
Man in the Barn, The (1937)
Mississippi Burning (1988)
Man's Genesis (1912)
Brute Force (1914)
Elvis: That's the Way It Is (1970)
Youth in Us, The (2005)
Rescue Dawn (2006)
Little Dieter Needs to Fly (1997)
They Won't Forget (1937)
Dawn of Sound, The: How Movies Learned to Talk (2007)
Swing Time (1936)
Popeye the Sailor (1933)
I Yam What I Yam (1933)
Blow Me Down! (1933)
Christmas Carol, A (1984)
Elephant (2003)
Into the Wild (2007)
Gone Baby Gone (2007)
Eastern Promises (2007)
Vincent (1982)
Frankenweenie (1984)
Star is Born, A (1937)

Martin Teller

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Teller
December summary:

Best discovery of the month: Leningrad Cowboys Go America
Worst discovery of the month: 1408

(Date Watched - Movie Name - Rating out of 10)
(first-time viewings in blue)

12/01 Husbands - 8
12/02 Ivan's Childhood - 9
12/02 The Lady Vanishes - 9
12/02 Crook's Tour - 5
12/03 Ballad of the Little Soldier - 8
12/04 God's Angry Man - 7
12/04 Leningrad Cowboys Go America - 9
12/05 Black God, White Devil - 5
12/05 Giants & Toys - 8
12/05 Cafe Lumiere - 7
12/05 Drunken Angel - 8
12/07 The Big Clock - 7
12/07 A Woman Without Love - 5
12/08 The Unprecedented Defence of the Fortress Deutschkreuz - 5
12/08 Echoes from a Somber Empire - 7
12/08 Linda Linda Linda - 9
12/08 Eyes Wide Shut - 7
12/09 Nostalghia - 9
12/11 Buffalo Boy - 7
12/11 Crime & Punishment - 7
12/12 Illusion Travels By Streetcar - 7
12/14 I'm All Right Jack - 7
12/15 Early Spring - 6
12/15 The End of Summer - 7
12/15 El Gran Calavera - 7
12/16 Futurama: Bender's Big Score - 7
12/16 Death in the Garden - 6
12/18 Lovers of the Arctic Circle - 8
12/18 The Almanac of Fall - 6
12/20 Love Streams - 9
12/20 The Red and the White - 9
12/21 The Scent of Green Papaya - 10
12/22 1408 - 3
12/23 Knocked Up - 7
12/25 Kill! - 8
12/27 Broken Blossoms - 6
12/27 A Long Weekend in Pest and Buda - 6
12/28 Tokyo Twilight - 8
12/29 Jackass 2.5 - 5
12/29 Cria Cuervos - 8
12/29 Three Colors: Blue - 10
12/29 Three Colors: White - 7
12/29 Three Colors: Red - 9
12/30 Who's Camus Anyway? - 9
12/30 Live Free or Die Hard - 5
12/31 Drugstore Cowboy - 9

37 new viewings, 9 repeats

PatW

Screenwriter
Real Name
Patricia
Dear Franke (2004) :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

This movie takes its time with the story and characters and as a result we have a beautiful touching little movie. The Scottish accents are a little heavy and hard to understand at times but no matter, I recommend this one highly.

PatW

Screenwriter
Real Name
Patricia
December Re-cap

64 movies seen

45 movies seen for the first time

Favourite movie of those seen in December: LOTR: Return of the King

Notable new movies seen: Dear Franke, The Man Who Came to Dinner, Eastern Promises

12/1 The Covenant (2006) :star: :star:
12/1 Primeval (2007) :star:
12/1 Blood on the Arrow (1964) :star: 1/2
12/2 Village of the Damned (1960) :star: :star: :star: :star:
12/2 The Nativity Story (2006) :star: :star: :star: :star:
12/4 The Proposition (2005) :star: :star: :star: :star:
12/4 Legally Blonde (2001) :star: :star: :star: :star:
12/6 Just Like Heaven (2005) :star: :star: :star: :star:
12/6 Catch and Release (2007) :star: :star:
12/7 River of Souls (1998) :star: :star: :star:
12/7 Legend of the Rangers (2002) :star::star:
12/8 Benny and Joon (1993) :star: :star: :star: :star:
12/8 A Call to Arms (1999) :star: :star: :star: 1/2
12/8 Bad Day at Black Rock (1955) :star: :star: :star: :star:
12/9 Planet Earth: Ocean Deep :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:
12/9 Akeelah and the Bee (2006) :star: :star: :star: :star: 1/2
12/9 In the Beginning (1998) :star: :star: :star: :star:
12/10 13 Going on 30 (2004) :star: :star: :star: 1/2
12/11 Angel Rodriguez (2005) :star:
12/11 Snowcake (2006) :star: :star: :star: :star: 1/2
12/11 Shallow Ground (2004) :star:
12/11 Van Helsing (2004) :star::star::star:
12/12 The Hitcher (2007) zero stars
12/13 Written on the Wind (1956) :star: :star: :star: 1/2
12/14 Dune (2000) :star: :star: :star: :star:
12/14 The Talk of the Town (1942) :star: :star: :star: :star:
12/16 Planet Earth: Saving Species :star: :star: :star: :star:
12/16 Children of Dune (2003) :star: :star: :star: :star: 1/2
12/16 Up the River (1930) :star: 1/2
12/17 The Bishop's Wife (1947) :star: :star: :star: :star:
12/17 Every Girl Should Get Married (1948) :star:
12/18 Ace in the Hole (1951) :star: :star: :star: :star: 1/2
12/18 3 Godfathers (1948) :star: :star: :star: 1/2
12/20 The Game of Their Lives (2005) :star: :star: :star:
12/20 Penny Serenade (1948) :star: :star: :star: 1/2
12/21 Titanic (1997) :star: :star: :star: :star:
12/21 Nothing Sacred (1937) :star: :star: :star: 1/2
12/22 Fort Apache (1948) :star: :star: :star: :star:
12/22 The Devil Wears Prada (2006) :star: :star: :star: 1/2
12/23 Chestnut: Hero of Central Park :star: :star: 1/2
12/23 Alpha Dog (2006) :star: :star: :star:
12/24 Day After Tomorrow (2004) :star: :star: 1/2
12/24 Jingle all the Way ( 1996) :star: :star:
12/24 A Christmas Carol (1951) :star: :star: :star: :star:
12/25 I Love You To Death (1990) :star: :star: :star: 1/2
12/26 The Bells of St. Mary's (1945) :star: :star: :star: :star:
12/26 Five Children and It (2004) :star: :star: :star:
12/26 Holiday Affair (1949) :star: :star: :star: 1/2
12/27 Across the Wide Missouri (1951) :star: :star: :star:
12/27 Theodora Goes Wild (1936) :star: :star: :star:
12/27 LOTR: Return of the King (2003) :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:
12/28 Bachelor Mother (1939) :star: :star: :star: :star:
12/28 Night at the Museum (2006) :star: :star: :star:
12/28 The Kingdom (2007) :star: :star: :star:
12/28 Eastern Promises (2007) :star: :star: :star: :star: 1/2
12/29 Shattered (2007) :star: 1/2
12/29 Saratoga Trunk (1945) :star: :star:
12/29 The Man Who Came to Dinner (1941) :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:
12/29 Red River (1948) :star: :star: :star: :star:
12/30 Ice Station Zebra (1968) :star: :star: 1/2
12/30 The Woman in White (1948) :star: :star: :star: 1/2
12/30 The Good Shepherd (2006) :star: :star: :star: :star: 1/2
12/30 The White Cliffs of Dover (1944) :star: :star: :star: :star: 1/2
12/31 Dear Frankie (2004) :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

Mario Gauci

Senior HTF Member
12/24/07: CHU-CHIN-CHOW (Walter Forde, 1934) :star::star::star:
12/26/07: ALI BABA NIGHTS [Re-Edited U.S. Version Of CHU-CHIN-CHOW] (Walter Forde, 1934)

I knew of this Oriental musical adventure (produced by the pioneering Michael Balcon and already filmed as a Silent), but wasn’t aware that it was directly inspired by the Arabian Nights fable of Ali Baba And The Forty Thieves (in spite of its being retitled ALI BABA NIGHTS; more on this later). The current title is rather misleading, as it gives one the impression of being set in China – and especially since the character of Chu-Chin-Chow himself, a Chinese merchant, is only a minor one. Besides, being a British film from the early Talkie era, I fully expected it to be a stodgy affair – merely “a curiosity”, as Leslie Halliwell called it. However, I found it an enthralling and highly enjoyable piece of work – and still pretty much a unique entertainment after all these years.

Incidentally, prior to viewing the film I re-read DVD Savant’s review (if anything to ascertain myself that it was fitting Christmas fare) – I was quite intrigued by Glenn Erickson’s comments (sharing his view of the ornate sets as being a particular standout), but also ended up disagreeing with his opinion about the static quality of the cinematography…as I actually felt that Max Greene’s camera was reasonably mobile throughout. Being undeniably archaic by today’s standards, the songs, Busby Berkeley-ish dance numbers, and the comedy and romance elements are all a matter of taste – in fact, they constitute the film’s main source of longueurs, if still intrinsically charming ingredients of the whole package. On the other hand, it turned out to be surprisingly bloodthirsty for what was essentially popular entertainment! The plot has been opened up from the traditional story, while also making Ali Baba a coward – but this is the still the most satisfying version I’ve watched, certainly the most fascinating (for various reasons).

The villain is played by Fritz Kortner (looking like a flabbier, less handsome version of Douglas Fairbanks at times and a Wallace Beery-lookalike at others, but with a voice sounding uncannily like that of Otto Preminger!), gives an entertainingly ripe performance – witness his orgasmic thirsting for Ali Baba’s blood as he lays out his plans for the final assault (he’s even made to don a number of clever disguises throughout). The formidable Anna May Wong has a relatively small role but is quite impressive nonetheless. George Robey’s Ali Baba, then, is accompanied by a comically somnolent theme tune every time he appears; I’d only seen his brief performance in Laurence Olivier’s Shakespearian adaptation of HENRY V (1944), but I can see how the actor’s amiable brand of fooling would be lapped up by audiences of the time – incidentally, I need to pick up his DON QUIXOTE (1933) on DVD, a film directed by German émigré G.W. Pabst (with whom Kortner himself had made the seminal PANDORA’S BOX [1929]). Lovely Pearl Argyle isn’t the typically bland damsel-in-distress, but rather a resourceful heroine; Dennis Hoey (Inspector Lestrade of the modernized Basil Rathbone-Nigel Bruce Sherlock Holmes series) is Kortner’s second-in-command; Francis L. Sullivan is very amusing as the perennially bored Caliph, who’s then overjoyed when Abu Hasan’s plans are foiled in his presence – thinking that it was all part of the evening’s entertainment as prepared by Ali Baba!; Malcolm McEachern – billed simply as Jetsam! – is the burly majordomo with a baritone voice who acts as Chorus throughout.

Curiously enough, a full 19 years later it was re-issued in the U.S. by Robert Lippert in a much shorter version (reduced from 102 minutes to 76!) retitled ALI BABA NIGHTS – this version is available on Disc 2 of VCI’s surprising 3-Disc Set of CHU-CHIN-CHOW, and accompanied by the Popeye ALI BABA short I viewed recently. Ironically, this re-edit is presented in a better-looking print than the ‘original’ – but the image has been zoomed-in somewhat; many of the songs have been dropped (making the few that remain feel somewhat incongruous), though not the various dances; the romantic subplots are diminished, and so is the role of Robey’s elderly wife and plump lover; ditto the allusion during the final banquet to The Caliph’s vindictive treatment of disappointing hosts; some of the edits, however, are clumsily done – especially the death scene of Robey’s brother, which is interrupted half-way through!

One last word: Fritz Kortner followed this with another exotic melodrama, the even better-regarded ABDUL THE DAMNED (1935) – which has been thoughtfully included by VCI in this set (see below for my comments about that film).

12/25/07: ABDUL THE DAMNED (Karl Grune, 1935) :star::star::star:

Fascinating though heavy-going political thriller (quite unusual for a British production of its time) about little-known events – it’s set in 1908 Turkey during the final years in the reign of Sultan Abdul Hamid II; the overall treatment (this is one of obscure Austrian director Grune’s last films) is somewhat stilted but pictorially impressive nonetheless. Though the film is bogged down by the romantic contrivances, making it feel longish, there is still plenty of intrigue going on to hold one’s interest – with even some effectively ironic cross-cutting between pompous parades and vicious assassinations several decades before THE GODFATHER (1972)’s celebrated climax!

Fritz Kortner turns in another powerful, albeit thoughtful and more controlled, performance (or, rather, two – as he also plays the titular character’s actor double!); abetting him are Nils Asther (a fine performance of sleek villainy as Abdul’s ambitious Chief Of Police – incidentally, he had himself just played a villainous ruler in Frank Capra’s marvelous THE BITTER TEA OF GENERAL YEN [1933] with which this film shares some similarities) and statuesque Adrienne Ames (as a visiting Austrian singer who attracts the lustful eye of many a man, including the Sultan himself – I knew her best from the classic W.C. Fields comedy YOU’RE TELLING ME! [1934]). The supporting cast, then, includes the likes of Esme` Percy (as the Sultan’s aide, a eununch!), Walter Rilla, Patric Knowles, George Zucco and Eric Portman.

Apparently, this was cut down from the original 111 minutes (the DVD version actually runs for 108) to a mere 79 minutes for American theatrical release. Finally, one must thank VCI for making such a rare item as ABDUL THE DAMNED (whose brief complimentary review in the Leslie Halliwell Film Guide I’d been reading for years) available – even if only as a bonus feature on their Deluxe Edition of CHU-CHIN-CHOW (1934). However, I was irked by the sloppy disc production involved: the worst offender is an annoyingly long pause prior to every chapter (something I’ve never encountered before and which also affects the shorter version of CHU-CHIN-CHOW, retitled ALI BABA NIGHTS, on the second DVD of this 3-Disc Set)! Besides, the actor bios are not given sufficient time to register and could only be read by pausing them; then, once they’re over, the disc doesn’t return one automatically to the main menu – I had to press the “Stop” and “Menu” buttons on my remote control in order to access the next item…wtf?!

12/30/07: COMMANDO LEOPARD (Antonio Margheriti, 1985) :star::star:

This is the second part of a war actioner trilogy which seems to enjoy some kind of cult status – the others being CODENAME: WILD GEESE (1984) and THE COMMANDER (1988) – and featuring the same star (Lewis Collins), producer (Jess Franco regular Erwin C. Dietrich) and director (Margheriti, who dabbled in every “Euro-Cult” subgenre there is, though he was at his best perhaps handling atmospheric gothic chillers). Actually, it provides little more than standard heroics – albeit done on a fairly elaborate scale, with a couple of notably spectacular action sequences (including the blowing up of a dam, a stationary airplane and a moving train); allegedly, it was the most expensive Swiss-budgeted production up to that time.

Collins plays Carasco, a quasi-mythical leader of a band of revolutionary mercenaries – which include feisty Cristina Donadio, cynical John Steiner and world-weary Luciano Pigozzi (who is curiously uncredited) – up against the dictatorial regime of an unidentified Latin American state and, more specifically, Klaus Kinski’s bloodthirsty militia. Another major character is that of the heroic priest (Manfred Lehmann) of a war-torn village who stands up to Kinski and, consequently, earns the respect and help of the mercenaries; the religious/political elements of the plot may be intended to give the whole a more serious tone than the typically mindless Euro-Cult fare – but we’ve still seen this “saintly martyr vs, cruel oppressors” scenario countless times in earlier and better Hollywood movies, so that this segment is actually more predictable than anything else.

The German 2-Disc set of the film which I happened upon at a local DVD rental outlet also contains a 50-minute “Making Of” Documentary but, unfortunately, I didn’t have time to watch more than a few samples from it…

12/30/07: SAHARA CROSS (Tonino Valerii, 1977) :star::star:1/2

I’d never heard of this one prior to happening upon its German DVD at a local rental outlet; it deals with three characters (and their African guide) who, after meeting up in the Sahara desert for a mystery job, become involved with a group of terrorists. The situation sees the two sides constantly double-crossing one another to gain the upper hand – the title (which is also how the film’s called on its home ground), then, refers to their lengthy trek over a period of scorching days and freezing nights (via numerous means of transportation).

Though not a great “Euro-Cult” effort, SAHARA CROSS is a reasonably entertaining ride (co-written by the ubiquitous Ernesto Gastaldi and with a twist ending that makes of the film a sort of lighthearted RABID DOGS [1974]!). It’s rendered all the more tolerable by the exotic location work, a cast that includes Franco Nero (his undeniable star quality takes some time to emerge here but, once it does, he invests his role with a typical blend of irony and machismo – conveniently, one of the terrorists is a good-looking girl!), Michel Constantin and Michael Coby, and a pounding score from Riz Ortolani.

Director Valerii maintains a good rhythm throughout between action, politics and suspense. This is the sixth film of his that I’ve watched, following four Spaghetti Westerns – DAY OF ANGER (1967), THE PRICE OF POWER (1969), A REASON TO LIVE, A REASON TO DIE (1972) and MY NAME IS NOBODY (1973) – and the semi-poliziottesco VAI GORILLA (1975); one I’ve missed out on in the past and would love to catch is the giallo MY DEAR KILLER (1972).

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
BEST FIRST-TIME VIEWINGS FOR 2007
The Illusionist (2006) ****
The Unholy Three (1930) ****
The Unholy Three (1925) ***1/2
28 Weeks Later (2007) ***1/2
The U.S. vs John Lennon (2006) ***1/2
Haute Tension (2003) ***1/2
A Raisin in the Sun (1961) ***1/2
The Catered Affair (1956) ***1/2
The Circus (1928) ***1/2
Behind Locked Doors (1948) ***
Knocked Up (2007) ***

WORST FIRST-TIME VIEWINGS FOR 2007
Swamp Girl (1971) BOMB
The Number 23 (2007) BOMB
A Scream in the Streets (1973) BOMB
House on the Edge of the Park (1980) BOMB
Saw IV (2007) BOMB
Miracle on 34th Street (1973) BOMB
SS Hell Camp (1980) *
Last Woman on Earth (1960) *
The Twilight People (1972) *
Queen of Outer Space (1958) *
Premonition (2007) *
Axe (1977) *
Terror From the Year 5000 (1958) *
Get Yourself a College Girl (1964) *
Voyage Into Space (1970) *
The Ringer (2005) *

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Wild Camp (2005)

Viewed 12/24/2007 (first viewing)

Disturbing drama details the relationship between a disaffected young girl and a moody ex-con. The two discover a degree of happiness in each other's company but find that the prejudices of others will forever keep them apart - unless they take drastic, shocking measures.

:star: :star: :star: out of :star: :star: :star: :star:

Love Me If You Dare (2003)

Viewed 12/24/2007 (first viewing)

Disappointing black comedy about two outcast children who bond and play a perpetual game of "dare" in which they routinely humiliate others. As adults they continue the game, but can they admit that they really love each other? Strives to be in the vein of Amelie, but fails way short, despite the presence of the ever-appealing Marion Cotillard.

:star: :star: out of :star: :star: :star: :star:

A Tale of Springtime (1989)

Viewed 12/25/2007 (first viewing)

Eric Rohmer delight has a young girl befriending a pretty high school teacher with the intent of hooking up her up with her father. But the father's unpopular girfriend may have something to say about it!

Chaos (1999)

Viewed 12/25/2007 (first viewing)

Sedate, twisty kidnap thriller from the director of The Ring. Difficult at times, but worth a look.

Tube (2003)

Viewed 12/26/2007 (first viewing)

Korean actioner has a lone cop trying to stop the villain who's taken over a subway system. Pretty much Die Hard underground; exciting enough, but also pretty generic and wildly unbelievable.

:star: :star: 1/2 out of :star: :star: :star: :star:

Blade Runner: Final Cut (1982)

Viewed 12/27/2007

Revisited Ridley Scott's classic sci-fi'er. Hadn't seen this in awhile so I really couldn't tell you the differences between this "final cut" and previous versions.

:star: :star: :star: 1/2 out of :star: :star: :star: :star:

Killdozer (1972)

Viewed 12/27/2007

Island-bound construction workers are menaced by the titular machine, animated by a strange blue meteorite. Silly fun, I thought this was the bomb back when I was a young'un.

The Holy Land (2003)

Viewed 12/28/2007 (first viewing)

Solid drama has an unhappy rabbinical student sowing his oats in Israel and meeting up with a variety of characters, including a Russian prostitute with whom he falls in love.

Revenge of the Radioactive Reporter (1990)

Viewed 12/29/2007 (first viewing)

Canadian cheesefest has a reporter being knocked into a vat of nuclear waste by an evil power plant executive. Unfortunately for the executive and his flunkies, the reporter survives to dish out justice Toxic Avenger-style.

:star: :star: out of :star: :star: :star: :star:

Goremet Zombie Chef from Hell (1986)

Bottom of the barrel exploitation fare about a rogue high priest who is cursed by his peers to live through the ages as a flesh-eating zombie. Skip this buffet.

1/2 out of :star: :star: :star: :star:

The Earth Dies Screaming (1965)

Fairly effective Brit horror outing finds post-apocalypse alien invaders using robots and reanimated human corpses to ferret out England's surviving populations. Not bad, but not much to it either.

Zombie Aftermath (1982)

Two astronauts return to a post-apocalyptic earth and do battle with vicious gang leader Sid Haig and the (very) occasional zombie. Zombie Aftermath my ass. Chintzy affair does boast a rather grim finale.

:star: :star: out of :star: :star: :star: star:

Grave Misdemeanors (1989)

A put-upon teen thinks his days of being picked on are over when his tormentors die in a car crash. But not even death can keep these bullies down! Middling eighties teen horror is fun enough.

Night of the Creeps (1986)

Eighties fav finds a college overrun with alien slugs whose preferred method of reproduction is to enter the human head and, well, you get the gooey picture. Hard to dislike a flick where the good girl has a gratuitous topless scene.

Zombies? (2006)

Cute animated short has two zombie pals trying to join the world of the living. But who are the real living dead?

El Bola (2000)

Viewed 12/30/2007 (first viewing)

Superior Spanish drama about an abused little boy who finds hope when he makes a new friend.

:star: :star: :star: 1/2 out of :star: :star: :star: :star:

More (1998)

Viewed 12/30/2007 (first viewing)

Intriguing short about a factory worker who begins producing a product that brings hope to a dreary world. But what price will he have to pay?

El Bruto (1952)

Viewed 12/31/2007 (first viewing)

Luis Bunuel's tragic tale of a brutish man who's hired by a landlord to quell the unrest among his soon-to-be evicted tenants.

Predator (1987)

Viewed 12/31/2007

Revisit.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
December Recap

Ratings range from BOMB to ****

Bolded titles are first viewings.

Alice in the Cities ***
The Alien Dead **
Army of Darkness **1/2
Astro-Zombies *
Bender's Big Score ***
Bitter Rice ***1/2
Black Night ***
Blade Runner: Final Cut ***1/2
The Bourne Ultimatum ***
A Bullet for Joey **
Chaos ***
Charming Mass Suicide **1/2
Crook's Tour **1/2
Dead at the Box Office ***
Decampitated **
The Diary ***
Doctor Bull ***
The Earth Dies Screaming **1/2
El Bola ***1/2
El Bruto ***
First Snow ***
Goremet Zombie Chef from Hell 1/2
Grave Misdemeanors **1/2
The Handcuff King ***
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix ***1/2
Hey, You've Got Zombies in Your Backyard **1/2
The Hoax ***
The Holy Land ***
The Hottest State ***
Judge Priest ***
Juliet of the Spirits **1/2
Killdozer **1/2
La Vie en Rose ***
Lights, Action, Music ***
Lights in the Dusk ***
The Lookout ***
Love Me If You Dare **
Midnight Skater **
Monsieur Hire ***
More ***
Mr. Bean's Holiday ***
Mulva: Zombie Ass Kicker! *1/2
The Namesake ***
Night of the Creeps ***
Once ***1/2
Predator ***
Raiders of the Living Dead *
Raising Arizona ***
Revenge of the Radioactive Reporter **
Robocop ***1/2
Sawdust and Tinsel ***
Summer Cabin **1/2
A Tale of Springtime ***
Tube **1/2
Undead or Alive ***
Undead Ted **1/2
Underdog **1/2
Vitus ***1/2
Waitress ***
When Nietzsche Wept ***
Wild Camp ***
Willi Tobler and the Decline of the Sixth Fleet *1/2
Wrong Move ***
Zombie Aftermath **
Zombie Outbreak *
Zombies? ***

Total films viewed: 66

First viewings: 58

Sandro

Second Unit
December Recap

36 films seen, 19 for the first time

Best films seen for the first time (out of :star: :star: :star: :star:)

Rescue Dawn :star: :star: :star: 1/2
Little Dieter Needs to Fly :star: :star: :star: 1/2
Knocked Up :star: :star: :star: 1/2
Nightmare Before Christmas :star: :star: :star:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks