1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

Tracey Takes On... Coming Soon!

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Brandon Gantt, Jul 8, 2004.

1. Brandon Gantt

Brandon Gantt Second Unit

Or is it?

This was posted July 7th at TV Shows on DVD:

Now I have two reports of DVD news for Tracey Takes On... One that says a release is coming soon, and the other says a release is not coming soon but later contradicts itself by the "something in the next few months" line.
    (Which is soon IMHO).

Which one is more accurate?

2. David Williams

David Williams Cinematographer

Depending on the source of their information, I'd be more inclined to believe David L. and Gord over at TVShowsonDVD.com over a fansite. They have a lot of sources close the industry. Truly standup guys. [​IMG]

After reading David's post about the "very inside" source, I wondered... could it be Tracey, herself?

Inquiring minds want to know! [​IMG]

3. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Cinematographer

Hehe....no....not Tracey, but pretty darn close.

DVDs ARE coming, but it's still a bit early for all the details. They're working on stuff, and I'm sure Dave will have the news up the moment they company is ready to make it public.

Gord

4. DonaldB

DonaldB Supporting Actor

Outstanding news. Let's hope they really put the complete series out and not just a Best Of disc. But were there actually 67 episodes? I thought it was on the air for only three years or so. 67 doesn't sound right.

This is a brilliant, underrated show that deserved to last longer than it did, and I never thought it'd see a DVD release.

5. Rick P

Rick P Supporting Actor

I really hope they restore a coupla of segements that were removed also.... time has passed and I think people have healed on those.

6. Robert Ringwald

Robert Ringwald Cinematographer

Well, 66/3 would be 22 episodes for 3 years. So it's not too hard to believe there were two seasons of 22, and another of 23.

7. David Williams

David Williams Cinematographer

According to the Tracey Takes On... official website here's the breakdown:

S1 had 10 episodes.
    S2 had 15 episodes.
    S3 had 10 episodes.
    S4 had 12 episodes.

Seasons 1-3 all had a 'best of' season endcapper special. Tracey had 2 other specials (TT... A Class Act, TTO... New York).

Then there were 15 character episodes, which seem to be repackaging of the best individual sketches for each character into one show (Ruby, Janie, Kay, etc).

That makes 67 all together.

Quite frankly, I'd rather have just the 47 regular episodes plus the 2 specials unless the repackagings have something new not already in the regular eps (it's been so long since I've seen them, I can't remember!).

8. Brandon Gantt

Thanks David! I was trying o figure out were that 67 count came from. I'm with you on just having the regular episodes and specials. The can even include the 3 "best-of"s, and how could you forget 2003's Tracey Ullman and the Trailer Tales? In that Tracey reprises Ruby Romaine.

9. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Actually, Roger's site now mentions TSoD, after I've talked to him a bit. I told him it was okay to say more, but he's comfortable with what he's got. He'll post more when it's time, don't worry. He and I are on the same page right now.

10. Brandon Gantt

Interestingly the official website, which had been inactive since the series ceased production, now has listed a direct-marketing best of DVD release subscription. Sort of like a Columbia House deal. I was never aware of these. Anybody else? I have no idea if those DVDs are available, but I hope this isn't what were getting. Even if it doesn't have running storylines I would prefer to see the evolution of the characters, over the four seasons.

11. DonaldB

DonaldB Supporting Actor

Season 1 is scheduled for November 22!