What's new

TR Research vs KLH vs FLUANCE (1 Viewer)

Steve Adams

Second Unit
OK,

I know that theater research are the infamous white van speakers, but they are DIRT CHEAP on ebay. now how do they compare sonically to the likes of other cheap brands like KLH, or Fluance. Like I can get a set for like 150 bucks or so...now, these are not for my Theater, but just for my living room for some sound, and the rec room....bed room, and bathrooms......Im very curious about the sound of these speakers, not wether or not they are a rip off, light or any crap like that.....just anyone who actually heard these speakers.....

thanks.

Sheldon-m

Stunt Coordinator
i don't know if i would call fluance cheap. maybe the price but not the quality. they are very good speakers holding me off till i upgrade to b&w 602. great speakers

Rory Buszka

Supporting Actor
Fluance has plenty of design shortcomings when you look at their SV-10 floorstander with the side-firing woofer crossed in at 800 Hz where you can clearly hear that the sound is coming from the side firing woofer and not the front-firing drivers. A crossover below 250 Hz would be a lot more appropriate.

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Premium
Real Name
Dave

I agree that there are shortcomings, but at least you know that up front. With white van speakers, you have no idea what is in them.

My advice, stick reputable company.

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Premium
Real Name
Dave

I agree that there are shortcomings, but at least you know that up front. With white van speakers, you have no idea what is in them.

My advice, stick reputable company.

Steve Adams

Second Unit
Does anyone have or has anyone listen to these white van's? I know a couple of people bought them on this site for curiousity sake.....hopefully someone will step up with some impressions....

Steve Adams

Second Unit
Does anyone have or has anyone listen to these white van's? I know a couple of people bought them on this site for curiousity sake.....hopefully someone will step up with some impressions....

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member
You are much better off with Fluance than white van speakers, or KLHs. Good speakers for the $$.

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member
You are much better off with Fluance than white van speakers, or KLHs. Good speakers for the $$.

marc_manny

Stunt Coordinator
I own the Fluance SX-HTB set, and the fronts do not have a subwoofer. They are only a 2-way speaker, so I would say it does not have the short comings Rory is talking about. I have been and still am extremely satisfied with my purchase. I would suggest adding a subwoofer to the set, but other then that they are everything I was hoping they would be. Plus more.

Marc

marc_manny

Stunt Coordinator
I own the Fluance SX-HTB set, and the fronts do not have a subwoofer. They are only a 2-way speaker, so I would say it does not have the short comings Rory is talking about. I have been and still am extremely satisfied with my purchase. I would suggest adding a subwoofer to the set, but other then that they are everything I was hoping they would be. Plus more.

Marc

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abbazabba
Recent bookmarks