TPM THX intro audio graph (1 Viewer)

Ned

Supporting Actor
tpm_thx.gif

------------------
My Home Theater Page

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
Is THX getting into the replacement driver business?
Looks like huge amplitude down to at least 10Hz. It does sound cool, though.
------------------
hlfmstflg2.gif

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
If I can say the S-word I'd say OH SH---------------ICATACA MUSHROOMS.
------------------
ONCE, I CONSIDERED SPARING YOUR RETCHED LITTLE PLANET CYBERTRON, NOW.., YOU SHALL WITNESS IT'S
DISMEMBERMENT...

Daryl L

Supporting Actor
Just got this dvd in the mail. Put it in and turned it on. WOW! that intro was keeeeeeeewl!. Hadn't seen this movie at theaters. This is the first dvd to be played on my new Toshiba 57HX81(replaced the TN50X81). Looks great. A nice chrisaning don't ya think? :D

Jeremy Hegna

Supporting Actor
Phenomenal... :)
The entire soundtrack was out of this world, literally. I'm excited to watch it again and again....easily the best sounding disc in my collection.
Jeremy

Dalton

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dalton
Yeah that intro is great but I thought the T2 THX intro was better. Gruson, what is wrong with the soun on you TPM dvd? Mine sounded excellent.

Dalton

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dalton
Yeah that intro is great but I thought the T2 THX intro was better. Gruson, what is wrong with the sound on you TPM dvd? Mine sounded excellent.

After watching the THX intro and pod race scene during lunch on my subless system (sold my Hsu TN1225 about 6-8 months ago), I ordered a CS Ultra within a couple hours. I can't wait to watch that disc the way it was intended! :D

SkiingNinja

Second Unit
Real Name
Sean Ries
Gruson,
I think I know what you mean. I was not impressed either....but I'm starting to think it's more due to the fact that I didn't like much of the movie than a technical deficiency. I did like some (yeah John K, the pod race was a cool sequence especially with a pair of SVS's), but on the whole, I didn't like it and that contributed to my less than stellar review of the soundtrack.
Sean

Scott Simonian

Screenwriter
I must be the only one whos THX trailer doesnt blow me away. When the ball blow up, it is just a shatter, there wasnt much bass. Right before it with the thunder was great. Hmmm.
Maybe I just dont like because when I saw it for the first time in theaters, it pissed me off because it was a ripoff of the T2 trailer that blew this one away hands down.
------------------
Yes, these are bruises from fighting. Yes, I am comfortable with that. I am enlightened.

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
For yet another look at this KILLER DVD bass track, look at this new web page. Analysis straight out of the SVS R&D labs!
http://www.svsubwoofers.com/tpmbasscharts.htm
Tom's seen alot of killer bass before but little that exceeds TPM. If you have one sub, you might want another. If you have two you might want to double-check your calibration. For those that have contemplated an equalizer with a subsonic filter to help tame insane disks like this one, you have your excuse now.
Ron

JerryIII

Stunt Coordinator
John K,
You will definately not be disappointed with the CS Ultra. I watched TPM last night and I am still smiling.
smile.gif

Jerry

David Ely

Supporting Actor
FINALLY!!!! Now we have proof that TPM has some incredible bass. I couldn't understand why people were complaining about there being little bass on the disk. I know that I was completely blown away watching the film with my Paradigm PW-2200.

Bill Eberhardt

Stunt Coordinator
I have read some posts that TPM has weak bass but the graphs peaking at 30 Hz would indicate that if you have a very weak sub or no sub you would miss out on the effects almost entirely.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks