TPM: the deleted scenes have the correct level

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chris Stone, Oct 16, 2001.

1. Chris Stone

Chris Stone Agent

Jan 30, 2001
    anyone noticed that the deleted scenes on the bonus disc play back at a much louder level, a level I would have exspected from the main presentation - I also have the feeling that the sound quality because of that higher level is somehow better - just listend to the podrace and compare it to the same sequence IN the movie
    I would guess the difference is probably around 8db
    it is really a shame they fucked the soundtrack up by dumbing it down through dialnorm and other stuff
  2. William Ward

William Ward Supporting Actor

Mar 1, 2000
    I noticed that too. I also feel that the re-edited pod race sequence in the movie is too jumpy. The part where:
    Spoiler:Anakin's right engine comes loose and the cord is just fluttering around doesn't mix well in the movie.
    The same part in the deleted scene section plays much smoother but also has some other footage not in the final movie. It just looks like bad editing. I feel personally that that small tidbit above should have been left out. It also makes Spoiler: Anakin's recovery seem impossible because he's being passed by so many pods while his engine is fluttering. Seems it would take a bit longer to catch up with Sebulba for the third lap.
    Go Bucs!!