What's new

TPM: Selling rate??? (1 Viewer)

Lane F.

Stunt Coordinator
Just wondering if anyone has any numbers regarding how many units have been sold... Has it reached the #1 spot yet?

Joe6pack99

Second Unit
Real Name
Jarett
I am wonderng this also....what does it have to beat Mummy Returns? Should be no contest with the way this disc is selling!

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
So you guys don't think A Knight's Tale will be #1 again?
laugh.gif

------------------
Scott Weinberg
------------------
http://members.home.net/scott2915/_vti_txt/ofcs

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I asked at a major retailler how it was doing against Snow White (which claims 1 million pieces the first day), and Episode 1 was over double the sales by mid day, despite Snow White having a week's lead. I expect the numbers will be pretty impressive.
------------------
Link Removed | Burt Lancaster is Link Removed | dOc

Matt Wallace

Second Unit
The entity that reports this (Soundscan?) does so weekly and rarely on a daily basis. From what I'm seeing, not much can touch it! BTW - Wal Mart and a few others don't report to SoundScan, so released numbers can be lower than what actually sold and still be #1!!!
Matt
------------------
"And I say I'm dead, and I move"....

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Well my local Circuit Shitty got about 100 disc in and they only 4 left after me and my friend bought our 2.....this was at 1:00pm in the afternoon.

DanR

Supporting Actor
A family member of mine who lives in Florida called me last night and told me that some Best Buys had put up a sign by mid-day stating "Limit One per Customer" so they wouldn't sell out before the end of the day. He was at the store around 1:30, and said that more than half of the copies were gone; they had no more in the back either according to an employee.
Regards,
Dan

William Ward

Supporting Actor
Why would people purchase several copies??? I saw in one thread that someone had seven copies. Personally, I've got one to use as a Christmas present but seven?? Would someone actually buy that many to use all as Christmas presents?? Or is someone hoping to make a buck after they sell out??? Unfortunately, it's people like this who would lead it to sell out before the regular shoppers get theirs.
------------------
William
Go Bucs!!
MyDVDs

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
I, for one, think it would have sold better had it been available day/date with the VHS release.
With J6P entering the sales equation, many of them are not going to want to replace their videotape.
- Steve

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
I, for one, think it would have sold better had it been available day/date with the VHS release.
On the other hand, there are several million more DVD player owners than there were when the VHS release came out.
There's very little doubt in my mind that this had a lot to do with Lucas' thinking on this matter.

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
Why would people purchase several copies??? I saw in one thread that someone had seven copies. Personally, I've got one to use as a Christmas present but seven??

I thought about asking him, but didn't. I was wondering why he needed so many copies too. All I thought was that perhaps he worked for an independent video store and the $23.99 price tag was better than what he could get them for.

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Kind of why I like Dvd Empire so well. Had my copy at my house on the 15th in the early afternoon. Didn't have to go anywhere to get it and, didn't have to worry about it being sold out before I got there.
...only worry is the USPS. Just have to hope they deliver it on time!
smile.gif

------------------
"...better to have a gun and not need it than to need a gun and not have it". - Slater, True Romance

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
On the other hand, there are several million more DVD player owners than there were when the VHS release came out.
True. But this could have been the DVD that was sold with every one of those players over the last year and a half. Instead, that honor was pretty much relegated to The Matrix.
- Steve

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I am sure that episode 1 will sell much better then both the mummy returns and snow white.. in fact.. no one will really care how much they did the first week..unlike episode 1. It was probably a given.. since star wars is so popular..
JACOB

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
I just bought my copy of Episode I not 5 minutes ago at Costco. (I work across the street) $18, and they had hundreds of copies left.
------------------
-Ryan (http://www.ryanwright.com )
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

Tom J. Davis

Second Unit
I ordered four copies. One for me and three others for friends. I imagine many people were picking up copies for others that couldn't make it to the store.
Everyone I know that has a dvd player has bought this disc. Even the few friends I have that don't usually buy, but rent.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks