What's new

TPM Reviews (1 Viewer)

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
Jesus, sorry to offend you so much. I guess I'll take my questions elsewhere fanboy.
:laugh: WOW! Fanboy is being thrown around in here quite a lot. Yes, I'm a huge Star Wars fan. If that makes me a fanboy, so be it. You didn't offend me. But Brian, that one's easy. You honestly don't know how Jedi can deflect laser blasts. Jedi can see the future and sense what's going to happen before it happens. But this is fantasy. Need everything be explainable?
Keep the questions coming. I'm enjoying the discussions. My apologies if my reply was too flippant.:)

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
To maintain my consistency at "spouting things off without making much sense":
I did not differentiate between the Force and connection to the Force in my statement, Adam, but I should have. Thanks for the correction;)
Anyways, I always believed the idea that one person could choose to make a difference in the OT. To find out that Luke was predestined to mae that difference with the aid of his genetic connection to the Force, does not seem as "pure" or heroic to me. It would make Luke's struggle less meaningful in my eyes.
So I take a different interpretation;)
Take care,
Chuck

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Well, from the beginning, we knew that some people could tap the Force and other people couldn't. The mode matters not. It was still Luke's decisions that led him to be victorious when his father did not. Luke has always been the Chosen One... the tension of the OT was wheither or not he would embrace his destiny.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
The mode is what matters most to me. The Force is a gift in my mind, something to be earned. It's kind of like money...you tend to respect those that make it on their own than those who just inherit it. So that's why it matters to me. Just interpretations.

Take care,

Chuck

Brian_J

Second Unit
But Brian, that one's easy. You honestly don't know how Jedi can deflect laser blasts. Jedi can see the future and sense what's going to happen before it happens.
Fanboy;)
Yes that is a new one on me, especially since one of the earlier persons to respond (who apparently should know)did not mention this but simply said its simple because a laser can stop a laser. I had no problem with that. It was the being able to "see" a laser blast before it had already blown a hole in you that I had the problem with. Did they ever expand on this "seeing the future" thing in the movies or is this something that is discussed in the novels?
Brian

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
Not really Brian. It was just part of being a Jedi. Being able to sense something before it happens, as well as being able to see the future. :)

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
it was the being able to "see" a laser blast before it had already blown a hole in you that I had the problem with. Did they ever expand on this "seeing the future" thing in the movies or is this something that is discussed in the novels?
You are going to love the "midichlorian" plotline then. And to think no-one wanted "the Force" explaining :D

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The mode is what matters most to me. The Force is a gift in my mind, something to be earned. It's kind of like money...you tend to respect those that make it on their own than those who just inherit it. So that's why it matters to me. Just interpretations.
But no matter how hard Han Solo could try, he would never become a Jedi. This was also clearly established. You aren't inheriting the Force, you are inheriting the possibility. You still have to work to "open your mind."

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
While I agree with the Han Solo theory...I thought the Force chose you, so to speak. I just don't like you having to have a father/mother to have the possibility.
And I fear an explanation of the Force...it would be like defining love or honor...something that has many explanations and reasons. But again, just my interpretations;)
I appreciate the on-going discussion though, Adam:)
Take care,
Chuck

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
I think what Chuck is saying is that he would have preferred the force to remain a mystery, this magical thing thay keeps you wondering. I still think to a certain degree we still have that, because the midichlorian didn't really explain anything other than people strong with the force have a stronger presence in their system. But it never explains why some have a stronger presence and what the force is.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks