What's new

?????? TPM DVD New Commentary ???? (1 Viewer)

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I'd check it out...but I ganked my DVD-ROM drive out of my machine a couple weeks ago.

MichaelAW

Second Unit
Heheheh, this is funny. Just the other night, after seeing Ep2, I decided to re-watch Ep1 (after screening it on the TV Wednesday night) on my PC while listening to the commentary. I popped the disc in, and the infernal Interactual player started up, but I quickly closed that (I prefer WinDVD).
I guess I'll have to do it again. :)

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Yes I saw that last night also. Is this some kind of easter egg or do you have to go through the site to access this, or what?

MichaelAW

Second Unit
I think you pop the DVD in the PC, and use the infernal Interactual player browser to go to dvd.starwars.com (just like we did for the first trailer last fall).

I think I'll check it out tonight.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
It's guided by Starwars.com so the content will actually stream from the internet while you watch the disc. I think it's a great way to add value to the disc without forcing a rerelease. I think Lucas will likely keep the DVD site up and running indefinitely.

I can't wait to give it a try.

Can anyone tell what's pictured in the highlight circle on the image in the article?

MichaelAW

Second Unit
I checked it out earlier this evening. The commentary is interesting. It is a text-based commentary (kinda like the one on The Abyss DVD), with three different aspects: behind the scenes, the lore, and did you see that?

Each of the three aspects are colour coded, so you know what's what. The easter eggs are just short cuts to the existing easter eggs on the DVDs.

BenjaminG

Stunt Coordinator
Maybe someone could grab the text for those of us who don't have a DVDROM. Or is that not possinble?

Thanks

MichaelAW

Second Unit
Benjamin: It is possible. I just did a "view source" of the web page that the text and film is in.
I suppose, if I was inspired to do so, I could clean out the web coding and just leave the text, but after perusing it, I realised it's so out of context without the video being displayed simultaneously.
Unless you like reading non-sequiturs like "Actor John Doe, he was also in " without knowing who/what they're talking about.

BenjaminG

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks to MichaelAW, I have edited all the TMP Text commentary into a single HTML file. I have also added where necessary the placing of the scene to make it easier.
If you would like a copy, just email me at:
[email protected]
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teddyballgame
Recent bookmarks