?????? TPM DVD New Commentary ????

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by oscar_merkx, May 21, 2002.

1. oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx Lead Actor

2. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

I'd check it out...but I ganked my DVD-ROM drive out of my machine a couple weeks ago.

3. MichaelAW

MichaelAW Second Unit

Heheheh, this is funny. Just the other night, after seeing Ep2, I decided to re-watch Ep1 (after screening it on the TV Wednesday night) on my PC while listening to the commentary. I popped the disc in, and the infernal Interactual player started up, but I quickly closed that (I prefer WinDVD).
    I guess I'll have to do it again. [​IMG]

4. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    Yes I saw that last night also. Is this some kind of easter egg or do you have to go through the site to access this, or what?

5. MichaelAW

MichaelAW Second Unit

I think you pop the DVD in the PC, and use the infernal Interactual player browser to go to dvd.starwars.com (just like we did for the first trailer last fall).

I think I'll check it out tonight.

6. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

It's guided by Starwars.com, so the content will actually stream from the internet while you watch the disc. I think it's a great way to add value to the disc without forcing a rerelease. I think Lucas will likely keep the DVD site up and running indefinitely.

I can't wait to give it a try.

Can anyone tell what's pictured in the highlight circle on the image in the article?

7. MichaelAW

MichaelAW Second Unit

I checked it out earlier this evening. The commentary is interesting. It is a text-based commentary (kinda like the one on The Abyss DVD), with three different aspects: behind the scenes, the lore, and did you see that?

Each of the three aspects are colour coded, so you know what's what. The easter eggs are just short cuts to the existing easter eggs on the DVDs.

8. BenjaminG

BenjaminG Stunt Coordinator

Maybe someone could grab the text for those of us who don't have a DVDROM. Or is that not possinble?

Thanks

9. Oscar

Oscar Second Unit

First Clones now this!.
    Wow it seems that Lucas is a very clever man![​IMG]

10. MichaelAW

MichaelAW Second Unit

Benjamin: It is possible. I just did a "view source" of the web page that the text and film is in.
    I suppose, if I was inspired to do so, I could clean out the web coding and just leave the text, but after perusing it, I realised it's so out of context without the video being displayed simultaneously.
    Unless you like reading non-sequiturs like "Actor John Doe, he was also in " without knowing who/what they're talking about.

11. BenjaminG

Thanks to MichaelAW, I have edited all the TMP Text commentary into a single HTML file. I have also added where necessary the placing of the scene to make it easier.
    If you would like a copy, just email me at:
    [email protected]
    Thanks

12. BenjaminG

Or, possibly someone could host it for me?