What's new

TPM : Best animated menus ever ??? (1 Viewer)

Derek Baker

Stunt Coordinator
Now having explored this dvd for a week now, i must comment on the amazing animated menus that Lucasfilm have put together.
I don't think i've seen menus so detailed and original while still keeping the overall feel of the movie intact.
Just another aspect of this dvd that has really raised the benchmark.

Matthew Brown

Supporting Actor
I think the French DVD of IN THE MOOD FOR LOVE is just as good. They aren't as busy but they really catch the feel of the movie.
Matt
------------------
Honk Kong DVD Reviews and News
loveandbullets.com

Chad Gregory

Supporting Actor
Jess,
Let me be the first to welcome you to the Forum.
But be careful, you might want to slow down a bit.
wink.gif
You don't want to use up all of your insightful comments on your first post.
wink.gif
Again welcome...
As for the menus of TPM, all I hope is that they are not too far overboard. I would hate for them to be too distracting.
IMO, the best menus so far (even though the movie was poor) were for Mission Impossible 2
Chad

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I absolutely love the menus to TPM. They are smartly done, there is a real theme going on there. They do give away a bit of the movie if someone has not yet watched the movie though. Very slick.
------------------
Link Removed
15354t.jpg

------------------
My Favourite Movie

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Yes, they are pretty strong.
Along the lines of great menus on recent releases let me suggest a better effort...Snow White. I would consider that menu effort to perhaps be the best ever.
Good feel, but with construction that still allows for even newbie users to find their way to all the features.

Andrew 'Ange Hamm' Hamm

Supporting Actor
The menus for Snow White are awesome. The best thing about them: You can skip past them straight to a menu if you, like me, hate animated menus about 5 seconds after seeing that they're cool. (Seriously, are you going to just sit there and play with your animated menus for two hours? Or are you going to eventually watch the movie?
wink.gif
) I sure hope they spent as much time doing quality control and testing as they did writing cool menus.
Cool animated menus, IMHO, occupy a layer of Hell just a few blocks uptown from cool Easter Eggs.
------------------
Andrew Hamm's new album Link Removed is available now!

William Ward

Supporting Actor
These menus are done very well. It's not quite like the Abyss in that you have to wait ten minutes for the next menu screen. It's what goes on in the background while you decide which option to use. Most of the transitional scenes only take a couple seconds.
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

------------------
William
Go Bucs!!
MyDVDs

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
I'm not an animated menu junkie, but I am fond of these one's yes, I think they're the best menus I've seen from Van Ling in terms of design. Very elegant menu transitions. They get the balance of not being too much and not being too little perfectly right.
It's was innovative to have the menu locations change between Naboo, Tatooine and Coruscant. I must say my favorite of the choices is Tatooine.
Having seen them at Dreamworks on last months HTF meet, I've got to say the Shrek menus will get a lot of deserved praise, so if you do hearald TPMs as the best, it may not be for long... :)
Dan (UK)
PS: Leave a lot of the menus on disc two of TPM idle for a minute or so, some cute surprises appear.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I am drooling over Shrek. For all the talk about the new animation and menus, I fully expect them to be among the best yet.
------------------
Link Removed
15354t.jpg

------------------
My Favourite Movie

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks