What's new

TPM: are my ears going bad (1 Viewer)

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
Yes, I play it 10 dB or more above my normal volume, and it is not too loud, or any louder than my other disks for that matter. I have about a dozen disks out of about 100 that seem to be either hotter or softer than the rest.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
lots of Columbia/Tristar discs are like this (the dialnorm is set to ~ -12dB). For instance, on 'The Muppet Movie'... I have to turn my receiver up 12 notches above my reference level to achive the same volume as other discs. :)

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Julio,

YOu shouldn't raise just your Center Channel level in a film- especially once you've gotten calibrated levels.

Often issues like this one are simply issues of overall encoding levels (and while there are standards for overall encoding levels- some discs vary slightly).

In the case of overall encoding differences, the problem can be solved simply by increasing the overall volume a few clicks to compensate.

-Vince

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
It's not as low as The Others. I had the volume so high, that when a loud part came on, I about blew out my ears!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks