What's new

Toys R US have collectible 3-pack of He-Man figures (1 Viewer)

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I went to Toys R Us to buy a Game Boy Advance. And when I went to purchase it, I looked behind the counter(in the elec. dept.) and saw that they had a Collectible 3-pack of He-Man figures.
For $69.99(I'm pretty sure) you get the ORIGINAL He-man figures:
He-Man
Prince Adam
Skeletor.
All I saw was this set, don't know If there are other sets.
Are they getting ready for something???
------------------
[Edited last by JohnS on September 18, 2001 at 06:35 AM]

Jay Rodriguez

Stunt Coordinator
John,
I think that may actually be a 5 pack. There are two other figures that are held in the part that folds behind the box. Pretty cool. A little too pricey for me though.

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
I have a huge box of these at home. Most of them are dirty and I doubt many of the weapons are there. But they sure are cool to look at. Except for Orko, the bastard child of the He-man universe.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I just wish the TV series wasn't tied up in Hallmark's packaging deals
Check out those new He-man figures! Wow!

CameronS

Supporting Actor
eek.gif

Ho-ly Shit! I used to be the biggest He-Man fan when I was younger. I knew nothing of this new line of figures until just now.
Wow. I am really impressed. I'll definately be buying as many of the new line as I can.
Wow.
------------------
campic07.jpg

The HTF Lowest Post Champion!

William Ward

Supporting Actor
The sad thing is that I can identify all five of them and I wasn't even that big of a fan.
I can't remember but was Prince Adam some kind of alter ego for He-Man??? They look similar.
------------------
William
Go Bucs!!
MyDVDs

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Droool. Yes, Prince Adam was He-Man's Clark Kent. Till he pulls his magic sword (cleverly hidden in the small of his back
biggrin.gif
) and says "BY THE POWER OF GREYSKULLL!!!!!!!!"
In october we get the SE of the movie :) With commentary :)

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
Has the commentary been confirmed? I know there were talks last summer of recording one, but none of the sites I generally use for any information make any mention of a commentary on the final disc, or anything at all that would constitute a special edition...
------------------
My DVD list | My personal site

MichaelPe

Screenwriter
I feel so old!! I was checking out that He-Man website and I saw some pics of toys I used to own!!
I feel so stupid for throwing them out: Mosquitor, Leech, Two Bad, Modulok, Tri-Klops, Sy-Klone, Man-At-Arms, Orko, Ninjor, Clawful, Trap-Jaw, Mekaneck, King Hiss, Kobra Khan, Roboto, Scare Glow, Whiplash, Stonedar, ...
frown.gif

------------------
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/Forum9/HTML/005780-2.html
MY TOP 10 OF 2001

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I still have a poster I got free at an Astros ball game that shows every character in the He-Man universe at the time. I could go get it in about 5 minutes, in fact...I know right where it is! :)
My wife loves She-Ra instead. I enjoyed it too, but not as much as He-Man.
What I'd really like is a DVD of "The Sword of She-Ra" and "The He-Man/She-Ra Christmas Special".
Then I'd want season-by-season box sets of both series! :)
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
TwinTowers.jpg

Did you want us to respect your cause? You just damned your cause.
Did you want to make us fear? You just steeled our resolve.
Did you want to tear us apart? You just brought us together.
http://www.miami.com/herald/content/...ocs/000565.htm

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
The arrangements of episodes make season boxes unwieldy, and since there are 223 episodes (I believe?) of both of the short-lived series Masters of the Universe and She-Ra: Princess of Power, those boxes would require quite a few discs and a pretty hefty price tag. Disregarding The Secret of the Sword, there was only a single two-part episode, and continuity between episodes was kept to a bare minimum.
------------------
My DVD list | My personal site

Andrew 'Ange Hamm' Hamm

Supporting Actor
Ah, Orko... The Jar Jar Binks of the He-Man universe.
BTW, nice mullet on He-Man.
------------------
Andrew Hamm's new album Link Removed is available now!
[Edited last by Andrew 'Ange Hamm' Hamm on September 19, 2001 at 07:28 AM]

paul o'donnell

Second Unit
WOW, the HTF has a strong He-man following! coolness. I've been collecting these at garage sales etc over here over the summer. Along with Thundercats and TRANSFORMERS (has to sing "more than meets the eye"). Hardly any weapons with any of them though
frown.gif

But lots of my old faves are there. Shame I can't afford the re-issues. DVDs, comics and other stuff = no money
frown.gif

btw; has anyone heard any news about the Hasbro re-issue of Optimus Prime at Xmas?
Rock on :D

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
The arrangements of episodes make season boxes unwieldy, and since there are 223 episodes (I believe?) of both of the short-lived series Masters of the Universe and She-Ra: Princess of Power, those boxes would require quite a few discs and a pretty hefty price tag.
Let's do the math. 130 He-Man and 93 She-Ra episodes. I can't find at IMDB or in a FAQ any typical running times for each episode, but let's guesstimate 24 minutes each just for arguement's sake.
A typical RSDL DVD (single-sided) holds about 4 hours of video at a decent bit rate. 4 hours * 60 minutes = 240 minutes. That's 10 episodes per disc. That would be 13 discs to cover all of the He-Man series, which was 2 seasons long. That's 6-7 discs per box set; hardly out of the realm of possibility. Plenty of room for an extra disc of bonus stuff in the odd-number box! :)
She-Ra should fit in two box sets as well, with a smaller number of discs in each (5 each, assuming no bonus discs).
Put out the movie and the Christmas special on a separate disc as I suggested, and you've got some sales, mister!
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
TwinTowers.jpg

Did you want us to respect your cause? You just damned your cause.
Did you want to make us fear? You just steeled our resolve.
Did you want to tear us apart? You just brought us together.
http://www.miami.com/herald/content/...ocs/000565.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks