What's new

Toy Storys & Ultimate Toy Box are OOP? (1 Viewer)

James W. Johnson

Screenwriter
Toy Storys & Ultimate Toy Box are OOP? If so then why? How could Pixar benefit from less DVD sales? I would buy an Ultimate Toy Box if I could find one...we are talking a $50-$80 purchase here of which most of it is profit. But no, now someone is going to profit from selling their set to me on Ebay instead. I just dont understand OOPs for movies that sell.

Dax P

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, a few (five or six?) months ago.

I think it's a shame for any of the brilliant Pixar dvds to be off the market for any amount of time, but it (the practice of pulling them to re-release later) is a common thing for Disney to do, of course.

I still want a dvd of all of Pixar's not-attached-to-features shorts, and a complete collection of their work in advertising.

Such a fantasy item DOES exist- given as a Christmas present to Pixar staffers a few years ago. But those guys are pretty loyal- haven't seen or heard of any 'sneaking' out into the general public...

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
The Toy Story's may be OOP, but just about everybody has lots of copies...and Wal-Mart here has a display rack dedicated to them in the local stores. As you know, they are quite popular with new DVD player owners. Even used copies are surprisingly easy to sell. The UTB was dumped at ridiculously low prices here when production ended, and I didn't jump on it then, but rather waited until it was priced according to its worth, which was more than twice as much...

James W. Johnson

Screenwriter
I actually used to have the UTB but sold it a few years ago, I think I paid like $49 for it.

Oh well, maybe Pixar will come out with a better set down the road.

Charlie B. Ch.

Stunt Coordinator
I am looking for the UTB as well and I just cannot justify paying $100 for it on EBay. Seems like it is time for me to get a region free player since Disney still releases the UTB overseas (region 3 NTSC included).

perrin

Stunt Coordinator
I went to Disney's web site, and it says that Pixar has requested that these titles will be out of print back in May 2003. It did not say why this has happened, but you can send an email to request it to be re-released.

perrin

Scott McAllister

Stunt Coordinator
I know that a lot of people say that the UTB was one of the best DVD sets ever, but for me, I just could not justify paying that much for an extra disc of extras. I'm usually and extra junkie, but these just struck me as SUPER technical.

The set I really wish I had bought was a package deal of TS, TS2, and A Bug's Life.

Man oh man, can't believe I passed that one up.

Mark Bendiksen

Screenwriter
I'm usually and extra junkie, but these just struck me as SUPER technical.
Hmmm...I don't agree. Some of the extras were definitely technical, but all were presented in an entertaining fashion. Moreoever, some of the extras are real gems, such as Randy Newman's vocal rendition of "When She Loved Me".

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
I know that a lot of people say that the UTB was one of the best DVD sets ever, but for me, I just could not justify paying that much for an extra disc of extras.
For the 1000th time, it's not just an extras disc. The movie discs themselves are different!

John_McKittrick

Stunt Coordinator
Everybody who wanted this set pretty much has one. I wish it were still available for those who don't have it yet. Moratoriums should be a thing of the past.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
For anybody who *really* wants the UTB, new, there is a link on the amazon.ca page for the UTB that sells it for roughly US$60 (Cdn$77). I'm sure there are plenty other places, but it's one I noticed, and better than $60 for maybe an eBay used copy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks