What's new

Toy Story UTB vs. Toy Story 1 & 2 (1 Viewer)

Cliff Olson

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone know if the transfers - both audio and video, are different on the Toy Story UTB compared with buying the two movies seperately? I am not an "extras" person, but I like the best sound/video editions available. Thanks.

Randy B A

Supporting Actor
I have only watched the box, but I think the transfers are the same. I believe the opening THX scene is changed though. And I don't know if the single editions got the surround-ex audio? But that being said the box is the way to go if you have the $.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
The UTBs don't have P&S on them if I recall correctly, which theoretically frees up extra bits for an improved transfer, though I haven't seen the movie-only version.

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
Only an issue with Toy Story 2 (since no P&S version of Toy Story exists on DVD), but Jeff is right.

Of course, there is commentary on both movies and a few supplemental features on the original Toy Story in the UTB, but all I know is it looks fantastic.

Cliff Olson

Stunt Coordinator
I've ordered the UTB. I don't mind paying the extra money, as long as the transfer is as good or better than buying them seperately. It sounds like it is. Thanks for your feedback, guys.

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
I just picked up the Toy Box.

The transfers are for the most part very good, but I did notice a slight shimmer in a couple of places in both films.

I know the 2-disc set has fewer features on each disc, so I'm now kind of wondering if that would make a difference.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
I dount it. The only thing added to the main discs was a commentary. That can't take up much room. The movies are 81 and 92 minutes and are on dual-layer discs. I doubt they're bit-starved.

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher
Also both movies in the UTB have isolated "sound effects" tracks.

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
And Toy Story has a 27-minute documentary and 52 brief Toy Story Treats on the disc.

I can't find a flaw with the transfers on the UTB, but there definitely is more than just the commentaries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks