Toy Story: Ultimate Toy Box replacement packaging?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Britton, Dec 26, 2002.

1. Britton

Britton Supporting Actor

Does anyone know a number for Buena Vista/Disney that I can call to inquire about the possibility of getting a new plastic slip cover and box for the Toy Story Ultimate Toy Box? I just picked it up today and the plastic is cracked. Has anyone else out there had any luck with getting replacement cases for Buena Vista/Disney DVDs? Thanks.

2. Rob T

Rob T Screenwriter

I was just going to make a thread about this cover...

What do most of you do with the cover?
    I'm thinking of storing it in my Spider-man collectors box so I won't end up ruining the cases while trying to put it back on, but I don't know.

3. Brett Miles

Brett Miles Stunt Coordinator

I could use one of these myself! Let us know if they will send you one. I've had mine since the release date, and the package bothers me every time I look through my collection. My problem is the box part, though. Amazon decided to be cheap and send it in one of those crappy, folding cardboard envelope things instead of an actual box. This offered no protection, and it must have had some weight on it that caused a nice crease all the way down the spine of the box [​IMG] . I know this doesn't answer your question, but it's nice to share a rant periodically [​IMG] .

4. Michael Hall

Michael Hall Stunt Coordinator

I don't know how they are about boxes, but BVHE was very helpful in sending me a replacement cover for the "Monsters Inc" DVD last fall. The cover had slipped out of the case a little bit and it became impossible to open the dreaded Wal*Mart security tape without taking about a tenth of an inch of the cover along with it. I simply called BVHE and they sent me a replacement sleeve out very quickly.

Again, I don't know how this would apply to boxes, but I found them to be very helpful with the replacement cover I needed. It's worth calling the 800 number to ask them at the very least.

5. Britton

Britton Supporting Actor

Well, I'm living out of my car for the next week so once I get back home, I'll give BV a call and find out.