Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Todd Erwin submitted a new blog post

Toy Story 4 Blu-ray Review
ToyStory4-feat-1024x576.jpg

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Thanks for your review, Todd. I can't wait to pick this up tomorrow. Does the audio commentary address the decision to alter the aspect ratio for this movie versus the 1.77:1 they used for the previous three? I was really curious about that from when I first realized it was going to be wider.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Thanks for your review, Todd. I can't wait to pick this up tomorrow. Does the audio commentary address the decision to alter the aspect ratio for this movie versus the 1.77:1 they used for the previous three? I was really curious about that from when I first realized it was going to be wider.
To be honest, I did not have time to listen to the entire commentary, but did skim through it, and as far as I could tell, the answer is no. But 2.39:1 seems to be the prevalent aspect ratio of animated films these days.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Right, but this is the first time Pixar made a sequel where they deviated from the ratio used for the previous films. I just would have been interested to hear a discussion of why the decision was made. Oh well.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Todd, thanks for the review. Didn't you get a UHD version to review?
Unfortunately, no. Typically at this time of year, replication facilities are maxed out beyond capacity, making review copies more scarce and often limiting the number of copies retail stores receive. Remember the continuous delays with 2001 last year?

DanH1972

Second Unit
Real Name
Dan
Right, but this is the first time Pixar made a sequel where they deviated from the ratio used for the previous films. I just would have been interested to hear a discussion of why the decision was made. Oh well.

This is a road picture, so they wanted to go for a more "epic" look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks