What's new

Toy Story 3 Free Movie Tix? (1 Viewer)

Scamp

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
Originally Posted by Malcolm R

Be aware that you have to enter a specific person's name, which is then printed on the coupon. So you'll have to determine who is going to use them before you print them out, as I don't know if they'd be accepted if presented by a different person from the name printed. I assume the theaters must check ID to make sure the same person is using the coupon?

The theater where I redeemed mine did not check my id; I have also used similar "free" tickets in the past and have never had my id checked although I suppose you could get that one snarky employee that would insist on checking it.

Scamp

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
Originally Posted by pitchman

Here is a question...

I purchased both Blu-ray discs when they came out (actually my daughter did it for me since I am out of the country) using the slew of Disney coupons discussed elsewhere on the Forum. At the time she bought them, my daughter grabbed the DVD packaging instead of the Blu-ray versions. I asked her to exchange them for the Blu-ray packaging (since they were unopened) and she finally got around to doing it a couple of weeks ago. When I Skyped with her the other day, she said that there is no sticker on the outer packaging promoting a free movie ticket (like the DVD packaging version). So, my question is, (since she has still not removed the shrinkwrap) can she go online and print tickets or does she need a voucher number from inside the case (which may not be there since there is no outer sticker) to access the ticket site?

Gary, there should be a code voucher inside the package even if the outer package does not have a sticker promoting the free ticket offer. These code vouchers are typically used to earn points on the Disney Movie Rewards website, but in this case they are also doubling as a way to redeem the free ticket for Toy Story 3. While the free ticket offer will eventually expire, earning points for purchasing the dvd or blu-ray will not, so the voucher will be included.

Oh, and I posted some steps a couple of posts back on how to redeem the tickets if your daughter or you have any questions about how to do it.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Originally Posted by Scamp

So, even though there is no sticker on the outer wrapping, you simply use the number that's printed on the standard Disney Movie Rewards insert to access the offer. Since I have on occasion had problems using the Disney coupon printer on my iMac back home, I will make sure my daughter follows your step-by-step instructions so she can print out the vouchers and take advantage of the offer.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
^ I went back in to "My Points" and was able to get it from there. Two days ago, it said that I had already redeemed it and couldn't print it but today, it let me print it. I got what I wanted so I'm not going to question it.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Gotcha. I was just wondering. Glad it worked out.

Thankfully, my wife agrees that a second viewing of TS3 doesn't seem like a bad idea. I'm sure there will be a lot of different things I'll pick up a second time through. I'll probably go 2D this time and see just how different an experience it is.

Scamp

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
Originally Posted by pitchman Just remember to log into the program every now and then as they've been known to zap away the points on inactive accounts.

Oh, and this particular offer doesn't require you to use the Disney coupon printer ap, so hopefully you won't have any issues.

Scamp

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
Originally Posted by Mike Frezon I'm sure there will be a lot of different things I'll pick up a second time through. I'll probably go 2D this time and see just how different an experience it is.

Just what I was thinking of, Mike. Definitely going to go 2D on the 2nd viewing and see what new I can pick up on.

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
OK, on the plus side I did not forget about my TS3 vouchers (that I had printed in March).

Originally Posted by Johnny Angell

Yeah, I don't know why they make you select a movie theater. The ticket is essentially a prepaid Discover credit card good for up to $8.50, so you should be able to use it at almost any theater if you don't end up going to the one you selected. If you want to confirm the theaters that will accept the ticket, you can visit Hollywood Movie Money's website and enter the promo code on the ticket to see which theaters are available in your area.

Thinking back, I believe I selected theater "A" in my area when I printed my vouchers. When the time came to see see TS3, theater "A's" prices were really high (matinee prices of $11.50 for 2D, $13.00 for 3D, and $18.00 for IMAX 3D), and local theater "B" had a matinee price of $7.50 per ticket for the 3D showing. Naturally I chose theater "B" (also a HMM participating theater) and tried to redeem my TS3 vouchers. The theater tried to validate the serial numbers / codes, but they were not accepted. I saw several other of the TS3 vouchers theater "B" had accepted, but mine were different: they had the Discover logo on them. And theater "B" does not accept Discover as a valid form of payment.

I tried calling HMM customer service from the theater and only received a recorded message. It informed me that if a participating theater does not accept a HMM voucher, then you can purchase your tickets and send your receipt, tickets, and the vouchers to HMM, and they will process a refund back to you (if it meets their terms and conditions). I ended up purchasing the tickets and sent my documentation to HMM for a refund, but have not heard back from them yet.

I did not understand why they would make you select a theater in advance, but now it makes sense to me. HMM likely processes their vouchers through more them one processor (Visa, Discover, etc.), each with their own terms and rates. HMM would want to direct as much of their business as possible to the processor with the most favorable terms (i.e. least costly). But not all processors' vouchers would be accepted at all theaters (i.e. a theater not accepting Discover for payment), so HMM couldn't just select one "universal" processor for all vouchers. Therefore HMM requires you to specify what theater you want to attend, and then they can select a specific processor for your voucher based on the payments accepted by the theater you select. Voila! You get your voucher and they provide it to you with the least expense on their end.

Note that I do not have any specifc information that the above is in fact how the process works, but is an educated guess on my part.

In the end I just want my ticket purchase price refunded.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Thanks for all the details so far.

Is there an easy way to find out which are the participating theaters in one's area? I'd like to find out before starting the processing for mine.

IIRC, that used to be possible w/ various moviecash offers before.

Thanks much...

_Man_

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by Man-Fai Wong

Thanks for all the details so far.

Is there an easy way to find out which are the participating theaters in one's area? I'd like to find out before starting the processing for mine.

IIRC, that used to be possible w/ various moviecash offers before.

Thanks much...

_Man_

You can search for theaters, either by ZIP code or Promo code (from a HMM voucher), on their site:

http://www.hollywoodmoviemoney.com/

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Used my coupon to see the film today. No problems...only had to pay the 75 cents difference for my ticket.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Caught a matinee of the Disney 3D/Real3D presentation w/ my son yesterday using the moviecash -- still cost $9 out-of-pocket, but it was well worth it. The 3D looked good, but I'm not sure it matters quite that much to us in the final analysis -- certainly, it doesn't really inspire me to spend much to upgrade my HT just for 3D (although my DLP RPTV *should* be 3D-ready

Can't wait for the eventual Blu-ray+DVD combo pack!

_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks