Toy story 2, is only the ult. toy box in DD-EX?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by jeff lam, May 17, 2002.

1. jeff lam

jeff lam Screenwriter

Jeff Lam
    Saw the menu for ts2 ult toy box and there is a special selection for DD-EX. My original TS2 single doesn't have such a feature, is it in EX too?

2. Sean Moon

Sean Moon Cinematographer

It should be, from what I remember. Of course I only have the Toy Box, and if you dont, you should go get it now, as it is still one of the best dvds ever made

3. Greg_R

Greg_R Screenwriter

Greg
    The discs are the same. UTB comes with w third extra's disc and fancy packaging...

4. LukeB

LukeB Cinematographer

5. jeff lam

jeff lam Screenwriter

Jeff Lam
    I know for a fact they are not the same. My TS2(individual) has a totally different THX intro, different main menu, different individual menus. I do not have the selection for DDEX on any of the options menus. I know the ult toy box does have this menu because I have seen it. I just wanted to know if the disk I have is in DDEX or just DD 5.1.

6. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    Hey Jeff, I know why you are asking [​IMG]
    According to the Disney site, the "single" version, the 2 disc set, as well as the Ultimate Toy Box should all have the EX track, but it doesn't say if it is selectable or not. All should be THX mastered, but I don't really know if the other two actually have the EX track or not.
    *edit- I find it interesting that nobody has a definitive answer on this, including Disney.

7. Sean Oneil

Sean Oneil Supporting Actor

The content of the discs may be different, but aren't the video transfers and the audio tracks of the movies identical?

8. BillM

BillM Auditioning

Jeff,

TS2 is an EX mix. But...

It was released before Dolby had updated their encoding and decoding hardware to embed an EX bitflag in the ac3 stream. So if you have an amplifer that has 6.1 channels, you will have to manually set the decoder for EX.

Remember EX is in the dub, so if it is mixed that way you can always decode the Cs track.

WM