What's new

Toy Story 10th Anniversary Edition coming in September (1 Viewer)

Brian_cyberbri

Stunt Coordinator

I agree with this as well. Maybe it's because I "browse" on Netflix now, but it seems like there's barely any good new releases. I check the DVD review sites, but they're barely ever updated (probably

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell

Even without future Pixar products, Disney will retain all of the Pixar films they distributed. That doesn't make much sense as a contributing factor to put out this set.

DJ

SteveCallas

Second Unit
Well there are people like me who don't currently have a copy but want one. Just look at this as if they never took it off the shelf. I wish I had picked up Lion King as well.

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter

Okay, it's only unnecessary to those fortunate to have a copy of the original release. It's not exactly possible for me to go pick this up at the store right now. I'll gladly pick this one up.

Joe:C

Second Unit
It's been out of print for a while so there are probably a lot of people that don't have it. I've got the "2-Pack" (which my son used to watch all the time) and will gladly double dip. I'm actually glad I don't have to pay an arm and a leg for the Toy Box on ebay.

Noah U

Auditioning
I am glad that they are re-releasing this Toy Story DVD. I am still kicking myself for not buying and missing the window for the Ultimate Toy Box when I had it sitting on my wishlist on Amazon.

Brian_cyberbri

Stunt Coordinator
I take back my comments. I wasn't thinking about Disney's policy of only putting stuff out for short periods of time and then making people wait 5-10 years to get it again.

I may pick this up (we only have #2), but we just saw it on ABC in HD a few weeks ago...

clayton b

Stunt Coordinator
I'm happy about this announcement. I'm one of the many people who don't own either of the Toy Stories on DVD, and would like to but don't want to pay extravagant ebay prices. This isn't about about ripping off customers, this is about providing the customers with a product that is in high demand.

I may sound like a bit of a prick here, but if you're angry that this is being re-released because it will lower the value of your Ultimate Toy Box set then maybe you're in this hobby for the wrong reason. I collect DVD's because I love movies, not because they might be worth something on ebay.

Hopefully Disney puts Toy Story II out soon as well.

Craig W

Second Unit

Disney is not the only studio that has moratorium. Most all titles are only actively manufactured in small time frames.

Disney and all the other studios are in the business of making money. Granted their titles may be higher in demand, but I certainly don't remember not be able to find the Ultimate Toy Box or other Disney movies when they were available.

Disney does not pull remaining copies off the shelf either during the moratorium. It's the idiots who buy the remaining titles on the shelf and also the idiots who are willing to pay the ripoff artists. The titles will be released again. Let these ebay artists sit on their inventory, instead of rewarding them for depleting the inventory.

I am happy that I have a copy of the Toy Box and I am not upset that Disney is giving people, who may have not had a DVD player when the Toy Box was available, a chance to get a nice Toy Story set.

Darcy Hunter

Stunt Coordinator
All this talk of "to double dip or not", but no one seems to be commenting on the 3 fully rendered deleted scenes that are new to this set. I've owned the Ultimate Toy Box since it was released, and i wouldn't trade it in unless the new editions offered substantial upgrades, but these deleted scenes intrigue me, just to see Pixar rendering out 10 year old files with their new software. I just watched Toy Story 2 (from the Ultimate Toy Box) the other day, and it still looks amazing, as does the original. I don't really know how much better this new transfer could be, unless Pixar went back and re-rendered scenes and added subtle texture and lighting changes, which I doubt.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Speaking of the UTB, I saw it just 2 days ago in a local used dvd store in my area after not having seen it for years after it being pulled from shelves.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
The Toy Story 5.1 track is rather bright if we want to get picky, but a little THX re-EQ takes care of that.

John Alderson

Supporting Actor
My Toy Story 2 from the UTB has a couple of hiccups in it now (not sure how it happened)... I'm real torn as to whether I should get this just to replace TS2.

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Di$ney works the "moratorium" like no other studio, Craig. It's part of their long-term (non)releasing strategy and financial planning. Di$ney is largely responsible for bringing that word and that concept into the home vid lexicon and landscape.

Thx for that link, Joe. Interesting release date choice. How'd you find that site?

I surmise that these will be Blu-ray titles for Di$ney sooner rather than later.

-p

Joe:C

Second Unit
That link actually came from the Ultimate Disney website. It's the only place I've seen mention the upcoming TSII special edition.

Maybe they chose the 26th because a lot of people will be in stores returning Christmas gifts.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Lollipops piss me off SO much! I HATE THEM! Damn their ROUNDNESS! Their sugary outside! Damn them all to hell and back!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks