What's new

Toy Story 10th Anniversary Edition coming in September (1 Viewer)

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
What a ripoff. There is no need to improve on the (Pen)Ultimate Toy Box except in the realm of HD.

David Galindo

Screenwriter
I got my Ultimate Toy Box, no need to double dip.

I thought when Disney puts things in the vault it stays for at least 10 years? No?

Travis W.

Second Unit
I was just telling a friend to hold off on buying a copy of Toy Story on Ebay because I knew this year was the 10th anniversary.

Jeff D Han

Supporting Actor
I have the Ultimate Toy Box, and that's good enough
for me. No thanks on this double dip. I am getting a
little tired of the whole re-release for greed practice
by the studios.:thumbsdown: :angry:

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Since I foolishly passed up getting Toy Story the first time around (and I now have a 4yr old niece and 2yr old nephew that I purchase Disney DVDs for) I am gonna be first in line on this one!

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Why all the anger here? Why is it that when a studio releases a DVD (that has been OOP), you all have to express your anger about double dipping? Haven't you ever thought that Disney may NOT be marketing this to YOU and might possibly be marketing those who don't own it yet? ;)Don't let it anger you. Enjoy the edition you own and just be happy for those, who don't currently own TS, because they can now purchase the DVD (like EricSchulz).

Rolando

Screenwriter
I have to agree with MarkHastings. I am happy they are re-releasing it. I was upset they discontinued it in the first place, that's what we should be pissed about.

I'll be passing as I have the UTB but I hope this means that one day they will stop their "out for a year then back in the vault for ten" strategy. It's really crappy for the people who miss the window. But great for bootleggers...

I'll be passing as well since i own the UTB already.

You think disney would have waited to re-release this when they ruin toy story and release toy story 3 without pixar

Steve K.H.

Supporting Actor
Yep - I choked when I saw a director's cut for XxX now available - :rolleyes:

We're going to get hammered with these as the studios want to get all they can before HD-DVD takes hold.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

How do you mean "takes hold"? It's gonna be a LOOONG time, methinks, until HD-DVD even remotely approaches the saturation rate of DVD. Most people aren't going to bother to upgrade, at least not for a long time. They're happy with DVD and feel like they just got into IT, so why change for a potentially modest quality improvement?

Jing_B

Stunt Coordinator
I agree with Colin. HD will just going to be a better format not the standard format.

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor
Well I didn't buy either Toy Story movie the first time around. I have been looking around trying to find them used or something. I did find the first one, so what I really need is TS2. It it is an improvement though, I'll buy the first one.

Jean-Michel

Supporting Actor

Yeah, IIRC they actually re-created parts of the movie in the computer because they lost the original files.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
"The year of the re-releases continues, I swear this has been the worst year by far"

Becuase they want to get us to buy them again before HD DVD comes along.

Ive been holding off on some of the rereleases I did want(for improved video),waiting for the HD versions.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I also have to agree with Mark. I don't have the UTB, I wish I could find it without having to pay an arm and a leg, so I would definitely consider this release. I hope they include a commentary.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks