What's new

Toy Story 1 & 2, A Bugs Life (1 Viewer)

Jim Williams

Second Unit
I just purchased the three DVD set of Toy Story, Toy Story 2 and A Bugs Life for $35.00. I looked at the Ultimate Toy Box but it was $68.00. Aside from the extras disk on the UTB am I missing anything sonically or visually by not purchasing the UTB?

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
I'm not sure if you'd consider it an extra or a sonic element, but both films have 5.1 effects-only tracks in the UTB. Also, the standalone disc of Toy Story 2 that you have contains a 4x3 transfer in addition to the 1.78:1 transfer, and this might cut into the video quality of the 1.78:1 version (although I don't know if anyone has done such a comparison).

DJ

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
And the UTB has really great audio commentaries on both movies. I would buy UTB for the commentaries alone.

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
And the Toy Story UTB disc also has 52 Toy Story Treats (Saturday morning interstitials) and a great 27-minute making-of documentary.

JohnnyHK

Stunt Coordinator
Is Bug's Life 16x9 enhanced in that set? I think it may only be the collector's edition that has that.

Joel C

Screenwriter
As far as I remember, the 2-disc SE is the only way to get an anamorphic Bug's Life.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks