What's new

Town That Dreaded Sundown/ Terror Train (1 Viewer)

DaveyM

Stunt Coordinator
Has anyone heard anything about these movies being released on Dvd? I have The Town That Dreaded Sundown on a Goodtimes Vhs tape and i used to have Terror Train on a Laserdisc..sure would be nice to see these 2 on Dvd!

Davey M.

Scott Temple

Supporting Actor
Well, we've got Terror Train on DVD. Now, what about The Town That Dreaded Sundown? I'd love to see it get a DVD release this year. Who has the rights?

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
I've always wanted to see The Town That Dreaded Sundown. Just the commercials used to scare me when I was a kid.

DaveyM

Stunt Coordinator
It's still one of my most wanted dvds. I believe Sony now owns the rights so who knows when or if we will ever see it released on dvd.

walter o

Supporting Actor
if sony didnt buy MGM, there would have been a chance on a midnignt movie series down the line, as MGM been running it on cable recently, too bad....

Scott Temple

Supporting Actor
I believe Sony now owns the rights
Oh crap. That means either

A.) It will never get a DVD release

OR

B.) It will get a DVD release, but in MAR-only.

Wasn't MGM finally supposed to release The Burning on DVD this Halloween? I guess we can scratch that one off the list too.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
With all the horror remakes lately, I'm surprised no one has done The Town That Dreaded Sundown, if only for the great title. I'd like to see a DVD too.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Terror Train is a nice little $10 title from Fox, just watched it last weekend. My only complaint, it is a 2 sided disc, with full screen on one side and widescreen the other. I like a lable. :D

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
I have wanted the town that dreaded sundown on dvd for a long time..... Man I wish they would release it.....

R~

DaveyM

Stunt Coordinator
I've already signed the petition and i hope others will do the same. This movie and many others deserve to be seen on dvd and we need to speak up and let the studios know that we want these movies released.

Nils Luehrmann

Senior HTF Member
With all the horror remakes lately, I'm surprised no one has done The Town That Dreaded Sundown, if only for the great title.
I agree completely. In fact, considering this is based on highly publicized events that to this day remain unsolved should make it a huge hit with modern horror fans.

For those that are not acquainted with the real story for which The Town That Dreaded Sundown was based on you might really enjoy reading the following in-depth 9-chapter report from www.crimelibrary.com :

THE PHANTOM KILLER: TEXARKANA MOONLIGHT MURDERS

Gives me chills just thinking about it. To this day, it remains one of the more disturbing unsolved crimes in US history. Hollyweird, why have you failed to jump at the chance of a remake? Perhaps there are some legal issues at play here? Although considering the story is obviously part of the public domain, and as long as the titled is not the same as the '76 film then there should not be any legal roadblocks that would prohibit a remake. Very odd.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks