What's new

towers/receiver for $800 (1 Viewer)

kuttaS

Stunt Coordinator
looking for a receiver and towers for around 800 bux. i used to have a denon 1804 coupled with energy 5.2's but the speakers blew on my graduation party. we just moved to a bigger house and the room is pretty big too. Can you guys recommend something that will go REALLY LOUD while maintaining good sound. its mostly going to be used for hip/hop music and for movies occasionaly. i am not sure if i should invest in a 5.1 receiver or just get a 2.1. please SUGGEST... the speakers i am looking at rite now are the wharfedales 8.4's, athena f2.2's, paradigm studios, klipsch... but i cant really go listen to these since there arent any stores that carry these speakers near my house. i have no clue on what receiver i should get...the only good brands i know of are denon/marantz

NickSI

Stunt Coordinator
yea i agree with the subwoofer suggestion. but if you want loud speakers go look at Cerwin Vega. they sell more "old school" speakers with big 15" woofers and the like so they get LOUD. recievers, ive always been a fan of Harmon-Kardon and they have a good stereo reciever the 3380 or the 3480 that can be found in the $200-300 range.
Happy hunting

RichardH

Supporting Actor
If you want loud speakers for hip-hop music at parties, you really need something totally different. Even Klipsch may not be "loud" enough if you're blowing speakers. Look into pro audio speakers like for PA use at your local Guitar Center type store. e.g. Mackie, JBL, Yamaha, all make good stuff that will play super, super loud. You may need to turn the treble down a bit, because at loud volumes those compression drivers can rip your head off.

kuttaS

Stunt Coordinator
before i was considering the low end b&w's and paradigms....so i shouldnt be considering those any more? since its not really "audiophile use"

Jacob C

Second Unit
It depends what is really important to you. If you want it really loud in a big room then no. If you want something that will be loud enough for most people and sound great while doing it I would go with the paradigms or check out ascend acoustics.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks