What's new

Tower speakers for Panasonic SA-E200? (1 Viewer)

BrianHo

Agent
What woud be a good tower speaker for this reciever. Would it sound better if the speaker were 6ohm or 8ohm? Right now i have Kenwood KVS-400 speakers. Are these good speakers? I bought them used. I use the reciever for music and HT. The reciever is 130watt at 6ohm. Would there be a huge difference in sound for the money?

Thanks
Brian

Myo K

Stunt Coordinator
i think as long as the impendence of the speaker matched and the speaker rms does not exceed the receivers power output greatly, you should be fine.

even though the sh200k has a rating of 130w @ 6ohms, make sure the it can actually run 6 ohm speakers, specs are misleading, since companies use shadey tactics to make their receivers seem more powerful.

receivers usually list power output at 8 ohms, so the 200k is probably about 90-100 watts. but then i seriously doubt itll even output anything remotely close to that much power continuosly through 6 channels, possible trhough just one channel or stereo ;)

if it really concerns you, do some research and look at the specs of the speakers, see what their power handling is, and what is the minimum wattage needed to drive them, check the speaker impedence and check the receiver impedence compatibility, and try to find out what the true power out is for this receiver. and do some calculations, so you got some homework :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks