What's new

Tower Speaker on a $1000-$1200 budget (1 Viewer)

systemdesignz

Auditioning
Real Name
josh
Actually they wouldn't necesarily have to have a powered sub in each tower. If I could do a set of towers and external powered sub for around $1500 I'd be happy. I have been looking at the Polk LSi15 and LSi25 on ebay. Also I have been speaking with someone from another forum about building me a set with seas magnesium midranges, Dayton subwoofers and Dayton amplifiers.

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
It is easier to place a subwoofer for good bass. Towers with powered subs are not flexible - the best place for good imaging is not always the best place for good bass. A separate sub is usually a good idea.

Have a look at SVS subwoofers. Perhaps the PC12-NSD or above plus some really nice bookshelves would work for you. You could add the Polks you like or get something like these: Bookshelf Speakers - M22 v2 - Axiom Audio.

Or, better yet... Go listen to speakers at a local shop and see what you like. For $1500 you can get towers that go low enough for music (40-50 hz) without the powered woofers. The Axiom M60's & M80's and the SVS MTS-01's are good examples.

Livestrong

Agent
Real Name
Kerry
I have an SVS sub (PB12 Plus) as well as SCS-01's for my fronts, center, and surrounds; this setup sounds great. If you have any questions regarding their products, I would email them or call and ask for Mason.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks