Tower Records has them all!

Discussion in 'Music' started by Mike Broadman, Apr 4, 2004.

1. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

The other to kill some time I'm in the Tower Records at Lincoln Center in New York, in the classical section. I wander into the opera section and discover their cache of classical SACDs.

Dudes, it's like they have every freakin' title there! Stuff I didn't even know existed, from every boutique label.

Since my hands were already full of other stuff I was picking up, I picked up only one of them, but choosing was real hard. I went with a recording of Bartok's music for two pianos: Miraculous Mandarin, Two Pictures, and Sonata with percussion. I was only familiar with the first two compositions as orchestral. This piano version of the Mandarin ballet is real nice look at the core of the music. Somehow a bit more emotional than when presented with a full orchestra (though probably harder to dance to [​IMG] ).

With that stuff I saw there, I don't see myself complaining about the lack of SACD titles any time soon.

2. John Geelan

John Geelan Screenwriter

yeah, that Tower is a real nice store. I was over there last month before the Deep Purple show at the Beacon.

Found quite a few tasty music DVD's on sale for around $9.99 plus the cashier screwed up when scanning my items and missed 2 of the DVD's as it turned out.[​IMG]