What's new

Tower Records Going Out of Business (1 Viewer)

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
10-30%. Really old news already, despite the fact that the liquidation did not officially start until last Sat.

Bonnie*F

Stunt Coordinator
If it was anything like when MediaPlay was selling off their stock - what a circus! - by the time you get a decent discount, there is very few "good" titles left. Although I did pick up "Aliens of the Deep"....

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David

Exactly. I think the reason it happens is the same reason that these stores have gone out of business: Tower Records is full today, but only full w/ people who haven't shopped there in 10 years, and full of people who are not regular DVD & music purchasers.

The liquidation company knows this.

I stopped by the Tower here. These shoppers are picking up stuff left and right for a measly 10% off. They think they are getting a deal, but they aren't.

Joe-Frietze

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, my wife found a couple of books she was interested in here, and then promptly asked me, "can you find them cheaper online?" They were either 20 or 30% off. I said, "Probably" and we promptly left.
We did however get a lot of good deals like the last week or two of the local Sam Goody going out. Several books @ 50% off and DVDs @ 30-35% off. A few box sets at the time. A combination of desperation and bad location - not a lot of people knew the store was there or knew it was closing.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I picked up a lot of good stuff cheap at the Media Play sell off here, but it was definitley a circus and you really had to look to find stuff.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member

Unfortunately that's the reason why the great stuff go so fast. It's the reason why everytime I went to Media Play before they closed by me and I would like at my wife and say that's not a bargain, meanwhile someone thought it was and bought those titles that was on sale for 10% off. Nothing left after that, I think 'll keep away from them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks