TOURNEY FILMS on TV

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Vickie_M, Nov 6, 2002.

1. Vickie_M

Vickie_M Producer

I was flipping through IFC listings and I kept seeing movies that had come up in recent tourneys. I thought about posting in each tourney, but couldn't remember them all, and I also thought it would be easier to keep them in one place.
    This thread might seem to better suited for the TV or Movies section, but I'm placing it in Polls because it's more concerned with upcoming movies that have been specifically mentioned in tourneys, with an emphasis on upcoming votes, so I hope it's left here.
    I can't catch a fraction of what's upcoming and I don't know all the tourneys, so I hope others will pitch in and add to the list. To make it easier to skim through, please always put the movie title in Bold. Say what tourney it is/was involved in or was mentioned in (if you remember, there are so many tourneys I often forget what came up where). Give the channel and date (maybe), and then people can check their local listings for times. Any other suggestions?
    It would probably be a good idea to go back and delete movies once the play dates are over, so to lessen confusion.
    I have no plans to note if movies are in OAR, or if there's commercials or anything else. I figure if someone is interested in the movie they can look that stuff up if it's that important to them.
    I don't get any of the Showtime, Encore or Starz channels.
    Immediate upcoming movies I noticed (not in any order):
    Assault on Precinct 13 (just about every tourney out there!)
    IFC 12/2

2. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

Very good idea, Vicks! I'll keep an eye out for showtimes as well!

3. Gabe D

Gabe D Cinematographer

Fail-Safe is on Turner Classic Movies today (11/24) at 6:00 PM EST.
    I plan to nominate it in the upcoming third installment of Rain's Cinematography Tournament.
    It's also worth checking out for any fan of Dr. Strangelove. It's also from 1964, the plot is very similar, but it's not played for laughs. It's a great movie.

4. Rob Tomlin

Rob Tomlin Producer

5. Rain

Rain Producer

6. SteveGon

SteveGon Executive Producer

Sounds good to me! I just watched the Anthony Mann films noir Raw Deal and T-Men, both of which feature outstanding photography by John Alton. Problem is, which one will I nominate?

7. SteveGon

Once Were Warriors will air on IFC at 11:30 p.m. EST on 11/25 - that's tomorrow, folks! OWW is a must-see!
    One False Move will air on IFC at 8:00 p.m. EST on 12/01 - that's next Sunday. Check it out!
    Both films were featured in my tourney with John Rice. [​IMG]

8. Vickie_M

Vickie_M Producer

Yes, both are very good movies Steve!

I just added Assault on Precinct 13.

9. SteveGon

Just a heads-up: Columbia will be releasing the indie favorite Living in Oblivion to DVD on 2/11/03. This film is currently featured in the Under-Appreciated Actor 4 Way Brawl tourney. [​IMG]

10. Gabe D

Gabe D Cinematographer

I said Fail-Safe would be on yesterday. It wasn't. They ran a James Coburn marathon. The TCM website says Fail-Safe is now scheduled for January 10th at 12:00 AM EST.