What's new
  • Announcing New Ownership at Home Theater Forum. Learn More

tour of duty the complete series (1 Viewer)

kingfish

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul Pisano
according to tvshows.com it looks like they will release this thing as a complete set. i wonder if this release has the proper music.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
kingfish said:
who will know if the music has been restored?

Good Question. It was released in the UK by Freemantle Home Entertainment with the music intact. If a company could do it there, isn't it about time someone could do it here?

MattHR

Screenwriter
Richard V said:
Good Question. It was released in the UK by Freemantle Home Entertainment with the music intact. If a company could do it there, isn't it about time someone could do it here?

The laws that govern the use of copyrighted music in the U.S. don't apply overseas, so they are able to release "our" shows without having to pay the high licensing fees to include the original music. I'd imagine the licensing fees would be cost-prohibitive to be able to release Tour of Duty with its music intact in the U.S., given its likely to not get the sales required to justify it. I have the U.K. edition, which renders the previous Sony sets virtually worthless. I'd imagine Mill Creek's release will utilize the same transfers, albeit reconfigured to cram 6-7 episodes per disc--the reason I will not buy their product.

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
I just ordered the U.K. box set. With the current favorable exchange rate, it came to $45 including shipping to the U.S.

$15/season with the original music intact is well worth the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mark Alan Vieira
Recent bookmarks