What's new

Tour of Duty: Season One!!! (1 Viewer)

Adam T

Agent
Columbia Tri-Star is finally going to release the first season of Tour of Duty on dvd. This show is long overdue. I know this is great news and I am excited.
But I can't help to wonder if all or most of the music featured on the show will actually make it on the dvd. I'm sure music rights are or were a problem at one time. I wonder if it still is.

Julia*D

Agent
Thanks Gord!

I can't wait to pick up this series. I'm hoping that they manage to secure "Paint It Black" for the DVD -- wow, what a theme song!

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Even when the music is replaced for a series they pretty much always license the theme song. The exceptions would be the crappy releases that come from some companies that deal with public domain shows.

Gord

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
The Paint It Black themesong was great. The music used for the syndicated reruns wasn't too bad either.

Estevan Lapena

Stunt Coordinator
EXCELLENT. I can’t thank Columbia TriStar enough for making this! :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: I really hope they make this a quality release. ;)

Adam T

Agent

I would like to see Paint it Black for the theme but I wouldn't mind having the other theme song as well. Maybe even have both, but thats me. If you really think about it, what would be cheaper for Columbia TriStar? Buy the rights for Paint it Black or use the syndicated theme?

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
In the US they could probably do without Paint It Black. In Europe it would be much tougher. Tour of Duty was a much bigger hit there, in part because of all the music on the show. In Holland, shortly after it debuted, Paint It Black was re-released as a single and went to #1. There were also a number of 'Tour of Duty' albums with songs from the 60s released.

I don't think it's to the extent of Miami Vice, but as I remember it, there was a LOT of great 60s/70s music on Tour of Duty.

Stephen J*

Stunt Coordinator
Finally! I can 'retire' the used VHS that I got (of the pilot) from a going-out-of-business Video Store Sale!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks