Tour of Duty question (1 Viewer)

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by banjo78 :

Cheers

Chris

Conflicting UK release dates then, as HMV.com and Play.com both have a release date for the first season of Monday 12th September.

banjo78

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
CharlieBravo
Let's hope all the music is intact and not just some. " The Wonder Years" for example when it's played in re-runs over here in Australia has some music intact but a large chunk replaced. Hopefully all the music in TOD is retained

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Bump. Has anyone obtained the UK release yet, and if so, what is the video and most importantly are all the original songs intact?

banjo78

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
CharlieBravo
Richard, I have the first season and will give you my honest opinion. Yes it contains all the original music although there is an issue with ep4, the master tapes were mixed up from Sony and that episode went to print on the DVD with 2 original songs missing without out Fabulous Films noticing the error. It has since been rectified and replacement discs are available. As for picture quality, I don't think they are as good as the Sony release. Sony must have worked on the picture quality a bit while this release seems to have not been worked on at all with the result being some episodes are better quality than others. That was a little disappointing to be honest. Sound is 2.0 channel. Overall, the release is good, all songs and scenes present, both things something that Sony couldn't manage. The Documentary(Part 1) is awesome and well worth the buy for me. Pity the picture quality wasn't worked on to match the Sony release. The Sony release has a sharper, more dynamic picture quality I believe. Maybe one day we will get a HD release of the show???? Just my 2 cents.

vnisanian2001

Supporting Actor
Surprised this has never been asked before: Do the episodes suffer from PAL speedup? PAL speedup is a HUGE no-no in my book.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks