What's new

Tour of California: cycling race photos (1 Viewer)

Allen Hirsch

Supporting Actor
Here's a few images I got of the top guys in the Tour of California, all in the Solvang time trial:

Levi:

Lance:

David Zabriskie (US national time trial champion, 2nd overall in ToC, using his tongue on the climb of Ballard Canyon):

Michael Rogers (Aussie national time trial champion, 3rd overall in ToC) shifting:

Jens Voigt, with his open mouth like a big air scoop:

Robert Gesink (best young rider, who's incredibly tall & slender, by biking standards), looking like an Ichabod Crane on the bike:

For some of these, the 70 end of the 70-200 was too long, I was so close - so it was a battle to keep them in the frame...

Whole tour gallery is here:

Zenfolio | Allen Hirsch | Tour of California 2009

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Nice photos Allen!

Those Amgen jerseys sure are fugly though...

Looks warm and sunny over there..
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

P.S. I try to go to your full tour gallery and I get an error from the redirection

"Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete."

Jay

Allen Hirsch

Supporting Actor

If you think the yellow is ugly, you should have seen the gold they used in prior years - that was really fugly, IMO.

We had warm & sunny the latter part of the week, thank goodness, but these riders suffered mightily earlier in the week - cold, windy, rain for 4-5 hours on the bike is no fun - even for pros (these were on the Sierra Road climb on the stage from San Jose to Modesto):

These guys look a bit shell-shocked & miserable:

Tyler Hamilton, looking miserable:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks