1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Tough Enough

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dan Keefe, Jul 1, 2001.

1. Dan Keefe

Dan Keefe Second Unit

Is anyone else watching this show. It rocks. Basically survivor meets the real world with the winners getting WWF contracts. WWF wrestlers are making these guys bust their asses. Funniest thing yet, during the casting special, Tazz making people jump rope and some chicks hair weave falls off her head.
    You gotta check this show out.
    My fearless prediction is that Josh gets the contract
    dan

2. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

I wish I had cable so I could catch it [​IMG] Someone is supposedly taping it for me ;(
    Hopefully the WWF will see fit to release it on DVD
    Jeff Kleist

3. Max Knight

Max Knight Supporting Actor

I watched my first episode of this last night, and thought it was really fun. One question though:
    Didn't the whiny blond haired girl say she was a stunt woman (I'm pretty sure it was her), and yet she kept hitting her head while doing a moronicly simple back fall (I had the backfalls down the first day I learned them in my martial arts training, and I'm by no means a prodigy!)? How on earth could she possibly be even a sucky stunt woman if she doesn't know to keep her chin tucked?!?
    Of course, it could be that it was someone else who said they did stunts, in which case I'll remove my foot from my mouth....
    -Max

4. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Cinematographer

No, it was the same person. I'm not too concerned about her chances yet since it looked like she was learning really fast by the end of the episode despite the slow start. She strikes me as being fairly smart and tough so if she's able to correct mistakes like that so quickly it might also explain how she was able to become involved in stuntwork as well.
    It's a fun show, overall. Personally, I can't wait for the "I just want to be in Playboy" girl to flunk out. Of course, knowing the WWF, she's probably going to end up winning this thing [​IMG]

5. JonZ

JonZ Lead Actor

I trained to wrestle for 7 months with ECW's Tony Devito.
    It seems to me that the trainers are pushing a bit hard and hamming it up some for the cameras.
    ------------------
    Visit My Pathetic WebPage
    "....With that in mind,I humbly add my own prophecy of
    what the dawn of the new millennium shall bring forth-
    one thousand more years of the same old crap" Jose Chung

6. Dan Keefe

Dan Keefe Second Unit

JonZ,
    I am sure they are pushing those guys. Number one Taz himself said he was a little bitter about all the whining. Unlike you those guys didn't have to fork over hard earned cash to be trained. People like you probably took it a lot more seriously. Look at that wuss Darryl. If he keeps bitching about having a cold I am going to track him down and slap him myself. One minute the guy is telling everyone he is the fave to win it; then a minute later he is whining abou catching a cold. I hope he is the first booted off the show.
    BTW, did you ever end up wrestling with ECW. What was your ring name?
    dan

7. JonZ

JonZ Lead Actor

No I never ended up wrestling in front of a crowd. I was a month away from my first match, a indie promotion here in NY, but a recurring foot injury keep me out-That was about 5 years ago and just recently found out its Lyme Arthritis.
    I should get in touch with Tony becuase he has alot of video tape of us,I'd like to have a copy of some of it.
    ------------------
    Visit My Pathetic WebPage
    "....With that in mind,I humbly add my own prophecy of
    what the dawn of the new millennium shall bring forth-
    one thousand more years of the same old crap" Jose Chung