What's new

Touchstone titles wish list. (1 Viewer)

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
And how about Splash! while we're at it; that was the first Touchstone picture, wasn't it? An 80s classic--but it hasn't been mentioned for awhile.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Not Touchstone, but some Buena Vista titles I'd love to see released on Blu-ray include...

The English Patient
The Horse Whisperer
Kundun

Previously mentioned...

Open Range
The Rocketeer
Quiz Show
Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
Tron

and all of the Studio Gibhli films.

- Walter.

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Tombstone
The Ref
Beautiful Girls
Under the Tuscan Sun
Open Range

.....to name a few favs

ToEhrIsHuman

Second Unit
Real Name
Craig Ehr

Great! Thanks! I always wondered how the extras were on that Criterion set, and I was very unhappy with the non-anamorphic DVD that was released. I bet a BD with DTS-HD MA would sound excellent though, bare-bones or not (hopefully not.)

Another Buena Vista title I would like to see is:

Return to Oz

Heck, I might even bring myself to buy The Black Hole if they did a good job with it.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Return to Oz and The Black Hole are considered Disney films, having been released under that name. And since Disney seems to be done with catalog titles on DVD, it'll be awhile before we see any BDs of titles such as these.

LCD22

Screenwriter
Beautiful Girls
The Rocketeer and the 1991 Disney Channel companion special, Rocketeer: Excitement in the Air

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
The titles from the various Disney arms that most need upgrades:

QUIZ SHOW. Terrible initial transfer, full of aliasing. Blu-ray for this would be welcome, but I'd take a good remastered SD, possibly with some extras.

JOURNEY OF NATTY GANN. Horrible pan and scan travesty, the absolute worst release of a really fine Disney movie ever - fuzzy, cropped, washed out. Such a delightful film, dumped by Disney into the toilet. Blu-ray, please!

WHITE FANG. Still pan and scan like NATTY GANN, but from a 1.85:1 original rather than a 2.35:1, and the image quality is fairly decent. But it needs proper framing and Blu-ray.

SIRENS needs an anamorphic upgrade. Wouldn't hurt my eyes a bit to see Elle McPherson and the other often-nude ladies in Blu-ray.

ED WOOD and DICK TRACY would both benefit hugely from Blu-ray, as they are pictorially so wonderful. If we do get a Blu TRACY, maybe it will be the special edition that was rumored for years but which never materialized.

NEVER CRY WOLF has an adequate anamorphic SD release, but the visuals would simply blow my socks off in Blu, I've no doubt.

I second the motion for RETURN TO OZ, TRON (didn't I hear this was being worked on?), COLOR OF MONEY, THE ROCKETEER. But let's not forget the Disney live-action classics, like DARBY O'GILL and SWISS FAMILY ROBINSON and 20,000 LEAGUES UNDER THE SEA, and re-dos of some botched titles like IN SEARCH OF THE CASTAWAYS and SHIPWRECKED.

Other than the animated classic releases (and even here they've dropped the ball by not releasing JUNGLE BOOK to Blu, even though it is not yet on moratorium), it doesn't seem to me that Disney is really pushing the Blu-ray format as aggressively as people seem to think they are. Why are we not getting MARY POPPINS and LILO AND STITCH in high def?

Anyway, we get what we get and we'll damned well like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks