What's new

Touchstone/Disney/Buena Vista DVD Requests for 2007 (1 Viewer)

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
TS/Disney/BVHE, hopefully you can bring us:

Anamorphic versions (R1) of:

ARMAGEDDON
KUNDUN

Lafe F

Second Unit
Five Mile Creek Seasons 2 & 3 !!!
Ten Who Dared
Menace on the Mountain
Treasure of Matecumbe

Jodee

Screenwriter
CRAZY MOON - 1980's flick starring Kiefer Sutherland. You would think with the success of 24, this would see a US release.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Time to revisit this thread.

Any word on R1 ANAMORPHIC

ARMAGEDDON and KUNDUN !!!!!

PaulaJ

Supporting Actor
Reviving this thread....

I just watched the Ten Who Dared DVD which is, sadly, fullscreen.

What I'd like to know is... is it open matte or cropped/pan and scan? I'm guessing the latter but I'd like to know for sure.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
I read that Disney had a majority of his flat films filmed open matte. That was so his live action films would look good on his TV show. He was smart enough to realize that the secondary TV life was a lot longer that the theatrical life of most of his films. There were the CinemaScope exceptions which became classics and were re-released constantly. But Ten Who Dared, Monkey's Go Home, Third Man On The Mountain, The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes, Moon Pilot, Super Dad, Lt. Robinson Crusoe, and many many others, were fillers in theatres and major episodes on TV for several seasons.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
I just wish that Disney would have released their movies in anamorphic format. I have several that I'd double-dip easily for an enhanced release option.

PaulaJ

Supporting Actor
Dear Allen, thanks, that makes sense. Ten Who Dared flopped in theaters... and then showed up 8 years later on Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color. ;)

I'm STILL waiting for The Fighting Prince of Donegal, another theatrical film re-purposed for WDWWoC. What is taking so long with that one? :) (I have the ancient VHS tape, though.)

I just wish that Disney would have released their movies in anamorphic format.

What he said.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Originally Posted by PaulaJ

Dear Allen, thanks, that makes sense. Ten Who Dared flopped in theaters... and then showed up 8 years later on Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color. ;)

I'm STILL waiting for The Fighting Prince of Donegal, another theatrical film re-purposed for WDWWoC. What is taking so long with that one? :) (I have the ancient VHS tape, though.)

I just wish that Disney would have released their movies in anamorphic format.

What he said.
The Disney Movie Club has THE FIGHTING PRINCE OF DONEGAL up for sale as an exclusive along with ROB ROY, KIDNAPPED, SO DEAR TO MY HEART and others. It is a club so you have to join and buy a few every month, but you might take a look at it. Unfortunately they are all 1:33 to 1 aspect ratio.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks