Touchstone:Defective DVD - Sweet Home Alabama

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Larry Bevil, Feb 8, 2003.

1. Larry Bevil

Larry Bevil Second Unit

I've noticed several instances where the English subtitles are popping up on this DVD. Sometimes they go away by themselves, others report having to turn them off each time. In my case, on my JVC-502SL, I had to turn them off each time. I've noticed several posts where other people are reporting the same problem, using differing models of DVD players. There appears to be a glitch in at least some of the "run" of Sweet Home Alabama dvd's. How about checking into this and provide replacement dvd's, as appropriate? [​IMG]

2. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

I've been waiting since September for them to fix Monsters Inc! They sent me a replacement disc and it STILL locks up at the same place. I'm not buying any Mala Vista discs til they fix it!

3. Michael Allred

Michael Allred Screenwriter

Michael
    I rented this disc and also noticed the subtitles popping up.

4. Larry Bevil

Larry Bevil Second Unit

Okay, thanks Keith. I'll give that a try.

As a follow-up, I contacted BVHE at the address you suggested. I received a reply to that message, promptly I might add, where they requested I contact them at 1-800-477-2811 to discuss the issue. I did and the representative said they are aware of the sub-title problem and would replace my copy and request I return the defective copy with a return label they will send me. So, a hearty thanks to BVHE for handling this problem promptly.[​IMG]

5. Jenna

Jenna Second Unit

I rented this DVD and had the same problem with the subtitles popping up. Didn't give it a thought until I was standing in the Video Rental Shop today and a burly guy walks in to return this DVD, and was complaining that the subtitles were visible during the entire movie. (I have a Sony DVD player, and that guy had a Toshiba.)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]